Ye Macce Threade

^ Oh thank god! Trying to get PCs to interface with our Mac file servers at work can be painful. Hopefully things get easier with 10.9.

The Mac Pro's lack of PCIe slots is going to send shockwaves through the pro audio and pro video markets.  Especially with AVID and Pro Tools customers.

I guess they are trying to push everyone towards thunderbolt? Considering that its hard to even find a PC motherboard with thunderbolt on it I wonder if Apple isn't a little too out-in-front on this one.

The Mac Pro's lack of PCIe slots is going to send shockwaves through the pro audio and pro video markets.  Especially with AVID and Pro Tools customers.

There are Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassises that should work, though that'll add few hundred dollars to the cost.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Alright, let's go, then!

Edit: Done. MBA 11" , i5, 8 GB, 256GB

Your turn, Ric! :)

Waiting on Amazon to burn some old GCs. Will also allow the head to cool.

I guess they are trying to push everyone towards thunderbolt? Considering that its hard to even find a PC motherboard with thunderbolt on it I wonder if Apple isn't a little too out-in-front on this one.

Thinking the absence of FW could be the larger shock. Not a mobile machine, so Apple adapters laying around maybe less an issue, but a ton of data moving back and forth on FW drives in those circles. Hopefully on the drive side GoFlex, etc. adapters will also decrease in price.

Also confuse your friends/co-workers with the Sea Lion wallpaper now. 

Going on memory, I thought the Mac Pro had FW?

Posted Image

tb to fw is $29 adapter, that's not really going to impact anyone when you have 6 tb ports

True. I meant less the price (except on the drive side where it's often $100), than convenience - where is that adapter again??? Course on a static desktop system likely less an issue than a mobile situation. Still finding a FW800 to FW400 cable or Mini USB to micro adapter is surprisingly difficult where I work. They're here... somewhere... they just get 'borrowed' all the time. Harder to borrow a port. ;) Course we've been through this before, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. Edited by blessingx