Ye Macce Threade

^^This although I use my air a few times a week. Also I will not be an early adopter and will wait as I am currently very happy with the performance of the iPad2

my comment was intended to be in the context of the ipad 2 providing an incredibly serviceable carry around media consumption device. That said I understand jeffs love of toys since I'm wired the same way. ultimately we'll have to wait and see what it is and what it costs.

I can see it being useful to have a higher res screen and more cpu power for movie and music production. The ipad is ALMOST ready to replace a laptop for onstage virtual instruments, etc. I'd love the A6 in a non-retina one, personally, since I don't care about resolution that high, generally.

my comment was intended to be in the context of the ipad 2 providing an incredibly serviceable carry around media consumption device. That said I understand jeffs love of toys since I'm wired the same way. ultimately we'll have to wait and see what it is and what it costs.

Totally agree. I feel no real need for an upgrade from the 2 so waiting or things to play out will not be painful.

I can see it being useful to have a higher res screen and more cpu power for movie and music production. The ipad is ALMOST ready to replace a laptop for onstage virtual instruments, etc. I'd love the A6 in a non-retina one, personally, since I don't care about resolution that high, generally.

Also agree. More horsepower interests me but increased display resolution is not something I personally have a need for.

MBA 11" owners - having lived with them a while now, how do you feel subjectively about the screen size and battery life? I've read all the info about its specs, the testing, real life results, maximizing battery life and such, but I'm wondering how you've felt about it having lived with it.

Are you thrilled with the moblity and the compromise in battery life and screen size is just worth it, or do you wish you'd have chosen the 13" now?

john, whatever size you decide, check out bhphotovideo.com. they still have the deal that I got a few weeks ago - free parallels or some other software (i got parallels) and apple care for $95 (usually $250-300). i don't know what to do with parallels as i don't have a (legit) copy of windows but it was just an initial problem. now that i have gotten used to the mac os and have found mac equivalents that do the same thing that the pc program did, i am less and less inclined to get windows on this thing.

i have the 13" mba and love it. 11" would have been a bit too small for me as it is my only computer and i do enjoy watching movies/tv shows on it. yes i could get a bigger monitor but 99% of my time using it has been spent at the university library or well just outside home so dual monitors seems like a waste of money.

Edited by crappyjones123