SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

Bad news on my front, I ended up having to go to the Doctor. I've been really sick this week and have not been able figure it out. I have not been able to drive since Tuesday. This sucks big time.

:( You have two more days of rest and relaxation, hope that you feel much better by Saturday.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to let everyone know that I have to go to NYC until Saturday morning for a funeral for my aunt who passed this morning. I should be at the hotel by 11 am Saturday morning. All Friday night activities are a go. Jp #'s aka Mr. Canjam has assembled an emergency team to assist in pulling off tomorrows activities. He will have access to beer and whiskey, so there will be no risk of low blood alcohol levels. You guys will have to work out the transportation for Friday night but with Ron from Zu's assistance, you should have plenty of vehicles.

Mike, my condolences on your Aunt's passing

Jeff, while I think that we'll be ok that option may be needed.

I think we have the Zu crew with a car, screaming oj, Gene and Matt, any others with transport?

ps I am in the air on the inflight wifi so my responses may infrequent until I land in FLL later tonight

Edited by jp11801

Okay rental car is booked so I can go directly to the restaurant and maybe have a chance to eat before we head to Boca. I have to figure out where this Brother Truckers is to determine if it is workable or if I should just head to the Hotel and then straight to the Back Room.

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to turn the thread into a downer. I just wanted to let people know in case they noticed I wasn't around tomorrow.

Jeff, definitely no cab. Maybe if someone is running late they can swing by the airport to get you.

Jp, I believe this may be the first time two HC's posting via onboard wifi at the same time from different planes.

Jeff, directions from the airport:

1. Head south on Terminal Dr toward S Service Rd

0.5 mi

2. Merge onto FL-5 S/Florida A1A S/US-1 S via the ramp to Dania Beach/Hollywood

0.6 mi

3. Slight right at NW 10th St/FL-818 W/Griffin Rd

Continue to follow FL-818 W/Griffin Rd

1.3 mi

4. Merge onto I-95 N via the ramp to W Palm Beach

11.9 mi

5. Take exit 36 for FL-814/Atlantic Blvd

0.5 mi

6. Turn right at W Atlantic Blvd/FL-814

Continue to follow W Atlantic Blvd

Destination will be on the right

2.6 mi

3332 E Atlantic Blvd

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Park in the back of the restaurant.

Edited by tyrion

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to turn the thread into a downer. I just wanted to let people know in case they noticed I wasn't around tomorrow.

Jeff, definitely no cab. Maybe if someone is running late they can swing by the airport to get you.

Jp, I believe this may be the first time two HC's posting via onboard wifi at the same time from different planes.

Jeff, directions from the airport:

1. Head south on Terminal Dr toward S Service Rd

0.5 mi

2. Merge onto FL-5 S/Florida A1A S/US-1 S via the ramp to Dania Beach/Hollywood

0.6 mi

3. Slight right at NW 10th St/FL-818 W/Griffin Rd

Continue to follow FL-818 W/Griffin Rd

1.3 mi

4. Merge onto I-95 N via the ramp to W Palm Beach

11.9 mi

5. Take exit 36 for FL-814/Atlantic Blvd

0.5 mi

6. Turn right at W Atlantic Blvd/FL-814

Continue to follow W Atlantic Blvd

Destination will be on the right

2.6 mi

3332 E Atlantic Blvd

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Park in the back of the restaurant.

Thanks, it looks like 30 minutes so I would not be there until 7:30-7:45. When is everyone heading to the Back Room. I might just go directly there and eat something on the way.

Okay rental car is booked so I can go directly to the restaurant and maybe have a chance to eat before we head to Boca. I have to figure out where this Brother Truckers is to determine if it is workable or if I should just head to the Hotel and then straight to the Back Room.

depending on when you get in I would expect that we would be well on our way to the Back Room to see the band by 930 ish

Thanks, it looks like 30 minutes so I would not be there until 7:30-7:45. When is everyone heading to the Back Room. I might just go directly there and eat something on the way.

depending on when you get in I would expect that we would be well on our way to the Back Room to see the band by 930 ish

Yeah, getting to Brother Tucker's at 7:30-45 would be pushing it. I believe we are aiming to get there at 6, so will be just about out of there by 7:30-45 to head to Boca for the show - another 30-45 minutes up the road.

Jeff, I'm pm'ing you a cell # so you can call and connect when you land for updates.

Yes, I can drive - can take 5 in the car including me.

Yeah, getting to Brother Tucker's at 7:30-45 would be pushing it. I believe we are aiming to get there at 6, so will be just about out of there by 7:30-45 to head to Boca for the show - another 30-45 minutes up the road.

Jeff, I'm pm'ing you a cell # so you can call and connect when you land for updates.

Yes, I can drive - can take 5 in the car including me.

Okay, I will just grab dinner on the road and head to Boca.

I'll be taking my car, of course. You can count on that. There is a biz dinner I have to go to in a few, so I wont be back online later. I will be at the meet hotel in the morning. I have to call to see if I can check in early. If not, I might have to drop some boxed gear with whomever is already there and move it to my room once it is ready. I'll be there at around 9:00 am, so maybe we can do something meantime.

Later on in the afternoon, I'll have to pick some people up from FLL.