SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pizza, beer, liquor, dead hookers... good start so far.

**BRENT**

So, I didn't bother posting when I arrived right in between JP and Brent, but let's get to the important stuff. Met up with those two and managed to check into the hotel under Gene's and would-be Mike's reservations. Hungry and thirsty, we ventured forth and chose the bar/pizza place over TGIFridays because JP didn't want to eat "corporate food." Turned out the pizza was decent and we had fun watching some stupid TV show about stupid stunt men and of course the locals who were entertaining as well.

Here is the drinks tally for the evening:

2 Makers Mark on the rocks in Houston post deposition

2 Jack & Gingers on the aeroplane

1 Samuel Adams draft at the bar/pizza place where Brent and I split a pizza

1 gigantic Stoly rocks at the same spot

1 gigantic Kettel 1 rocks at that spot

We are now back at the hotel and Brent and I are stupidly online instead of sleeping.

Nice little warmup for the weekend, Al. Glad you are keeping in training.

That wasn't a hooker, that was some kind of water fowl that a gator ripped the head off of but didn't eat.

Didn't stop #s...

**BRENT**

Nothing stops #s when he's on a roll.

See you derelicts in a few hours. All packed, and hitting the road in 30.

I'm glad that things are off to a good start. If I knew you guys were going out for dinner when you got to the hotel I would have sent you to the Primanti Brothers for Pizza. Probably the best pizza in SoFla and about 5 or 10 minutes from the hotel.

I had a couple of glasses of Oban and a cigar with my cousin last night. Now at my aunt's house where I spent a lot of time when I was growing up.

I left you a bottle of Lot B in the music room but if you guys want to grab something else, Jp knows where I keep the liquor.

The curse of #s... "I always wake up at 7"... doesn't mean we have to. Ok, it was 7 central for me, and Al got back to sleep. 2 hours extra for me over normal, though.

Alex, you're a slacker. Pm me if u are coming to the hotel...

Oh... the dumbass who packed my laptop forgot to put the charger in :palm: Anyone have a spare charger for a compaq cq60?

Jeff, that's silly. I can come get you at the airport. Just pm me your flight info. I'll pass on dinner and just join you guys at the club. You'll have to mooch a ride on the way back to the hotel from the Back Room, since I won't be heading back that way.

Mike, I'm really sorry to her about your aunt, but glad we'll see you on Saturday.

That's alright you should go to the dinner. I get the car for free and by my math we have three cars for the trip back that can hold 5 people each and 18 people so an extra car cannot hurt.

Can one of you poke #'s and remind him to hit the post office today between fits of drunkenness? kthxbye :)

Sorry Nate. #'s, get to the post office. The closest is on 5th Street in Plantation. Go to University Dr. North and make a right on 5th (I believe the first light North of Broward Blvd. The post office is a couple of blocks on the right.

Can one of you poke #'s and remind him to hit the post office today between fits of drunkenness? kthxbye :)

Sorry Nate, I actually told him that last night when he was unpacking and he didn't take it well. He touched untidy parts of himself with those extra batteries in his anger. Better bleach them down if he ever ships it.

I had to change my flight to Sat morning (although last night's all nighter was still a partial success). Not sure if they'll let me get a refund for tonight at the hotel, so if anyone wants the room at a discount and I can get them to let you check in let me know. I'll be there at 10:30 tomorrow, does the shuttle run continuously?

Are you guys going to have a chance to see the "Oasis of the Seas" before she sets sail?

Oasis of the Seas Arrives in Ft. Lauderdale Travel - Technorati

Oasis of the Seas: on board the world's largest cruise ship - Telegraph

dad is the head surveying engineer for that ship. he gets to go on the maiden voyage :( oddly enough he HATES going on cruise ships for voyage surveys. he is a grease monkey and sailed on oil tankers as a chief enginner for 20+ years and feels at home on big ass oil tankers. he gets to go on cruises for usually a week at a time every other week to all these exotic places but he hates it.