Apple Tablet

My damn iPad isn't going to be delivered until June 12, which is a saturday, which means I won't get it until monday because it is going to my office. Lame.

But you have that really cool WW2 leather case, don't you? You can bring that, right?!;)

But you have that really cool WW2 leather case, don't you? You can bring that, right?!;)

Yeah, I have the stupid case but nothing to go in it [until Vicki and I go on a crime spree].

I want to return that thing, actually, because the leather tab/brass stud closures might well drive me insane.

In case anyone wants to follow Jobs comments on the iPad and all things Apple at D8...

Steve Jobs live from D8 -- Engadget

He's downplaying the Google v. Apple competition at the moment.

Heh, now that FTC backed off the Google deal. Interesting how the animosity rose to a fever pitch just before FTC folded. Funny how that works. Now maybe we're all friends again?

I've said it before, but screw AT&T. This is actually a good sign, though, because I think it means their iPhone/iPad exclusivity is over. Letting Apple dictate some of the terms of their contracts was the price of that particular deal and the fact that they're reverting to standard screw-the-customer mode very strongly suggests it's splitsville after WWDC next week. Rejoice!

with the exception that verizon runs on a different technology and their have been no reports of increase (million unit plus) purchases of guts for CDMA (sp) crap that would indicate this change. Their is also the ATT/Apple contract that I think runs until 2012, who knows though stranger things have happened.

I hope they'll let me activate a new phone on my existing account (no contract in place)...

And $20 a month for tethering, blow me.

[edit]Holy crow, I can't believe they changed the Pad data plans already too. WTF is up with that? That was a key selling point of the device and has existed for what, like less than a month of actual use? My guess is that Pad users were chewing up data at an alarming rate and crippling the (allegedly) already overloaded network.

Edited by n_maher

I have to figure out what to do. I will likely keep my $30 unlimited iPhone plan since that is paid by my office. I can't add tethering with that plan so I may sign up for the $30 unlimited plan for the iPad today so I am grandfathered. I can save $15 if I go with the $25 plan on the iPhone with $20 for tethering but for $15 dollars I get the unlimited plan (5 GB on each plan). Since it's only $30 out of my pocket, it seems like the way to go. If there is anything wrong with this logic let me know. I'm open to suggestions. Once I return from vacation, I'm going to start Sprint service and buy an EVO to see how it compares to ATT and the new iPhone, which I will have to pick up as well. I can buy out of ATT for $145, which may be worthwhile if I like the EVO.

I have MyWi and JB 3GS but it uses a lot of battery life and I will have to go legit with the new iPhone, at least until they JB the 4G and then I have to decide whether to stay legit, which I would prefer of JB. If I stay with the EVO, this may not be an issue as Sprint allows tethering, I believe.

Then tethering will be out on Sprint which means I would go with their unlimited plan for the EVO and keep the unlimited plan for the iPad. I just checked my bills for the last year and my data usage ranged to as low as 300 mb to as high as 1.5 gb so I could safely go to the $25 plan but to save $5 it's not worth it. I used 250 mb last month on the iPad, so I could go $15 ipad, $25 iPhone for total fo $40 or $60, unlimited all around and not have to worry about data usage. I realize there are some in between points but they don't make any more sense for me.

Edited by n_maher

I just checked my data usage. I'm definitely downgrading my wife to the 200mb plan and I'm switching to the 2gb plan. Now I have to decide if I'm going to buy an ipad 3g for the $30 unlimited plan in the next couple of days. I probably won't.