New Amp! First Watt F1

recstar24

Just plugged it in today. Wow, fantastic bass, in fact too much, had to pull out my horns from the corners a bit. May need to play around with stuffing or even loading the outputs with some resistance to get some extra dampening. Crystal clear, focused sound, beautiful soundstage and great tone. Nelson Pass knows his stuff. Currently being driven by the headphone output of my moth with EML 45 tubes using a 1/4 inch to RCA adapter with monster cables, lol. I can't wait to get my real headphone/preamp when it's done. Pictures probably tomorrow or the weekend.

recstar24-albums-first-watt-f1-picture1064-dsc01387.jpg

Yes, that is the moth driving the F1...for now...

recstar24-albums-first-watt-f1-picture1065-dsc01389.jpg

Really not much to it...though in person the chassis is really beautiful and the heatsinks add a sweet touch...in a sort of he-man kind of way.

F1 needs moar $60 transistors

Did you get on the group buy for those semisouth jfets? Supposedly they can be dropped in directly for any place where you would normally use a n-channel mosfet, and that they could directly be subbed into the F2, but I have heard nothing about swapping in for the F1 or F3.