The analog thread.

Hopstretch

• 2 weeks later...

new pressings from the Quality Records pressing plant from Acoustic Sounds have been fantastic I just played the Muddy Waters pressing and it was one of the better pressed records I've heard lately.

My Tea for the Tillerman is very quiet as well. Though some people are saying the Verve 45 rpm reissues pressed at QRP are noisy.

In a moment of bordom I broke out the Yamaha px-2 that has been sitting in the closet for the past 2 years. Damn if this table doesn't sound great and rivals the Origin LIve. This leads me to a potential lunatic move of selling the OL table. I can get the Yammy tuned up by a guy in Orlando that would give me a good reason to hit Cigar City on the way back. The Yammy has the sticky arm drive issue but other than that it is great operationally.

Very nice rocking the Bloom!

I get my Spacedeck tomorrow, and from doing some reading before purchasing the setup, the tonearm (13.5g) seems like it should be a good match for the high compliance Bloom, but does anyone recommend using it with a headshell weight? I'm also hoping the anti-skate mechanism actually works :)

Yep, the antiskating works very well, as a matter of fact it allows more fine tuning than other systems I've had. Can't offer any advice about the Bloom, but based on my experience with either low compliance carts like the DL103 and high compliance ones like the Van den Hul Frog, I'd say it will work well without any extra mass.

Once you set the height, the set screw on the bottom collar can be tightened. I think there are three? One is to the bottom left of your red circle. Not too tight though.

I never replaced the stylus guard. Assuming the lift is adjusted and is up, what could possibly happen?

Edited by luvdunhill

I never replaced the stylus guard. Assuming the lift is adjusted and is up, what could possibly happen?

Yeah for some reason I thought without an armlock the arm could be bumped so it goes over the left protective "guard rail" sailing into the platter. But the uni mechanism prevents it from lifting that high.

Playing some Monk & 'Trane now.

Did the table come with the "official" red bearing oil? It's crazy, but I think they even have an upgraded über expensive oil as well.

Yeah it did, though I am not sure if it is the upgraded version, the color is more bronze.

edit: found the second set screw on the arm collar. Tightened it gently and now the tonearm doesn't move at all, makes me feel much better. I found the bit in the manual where Tom Fletcher says to tighten everything to taste biggrin.png

Liking what I am hearing, not as dead sounding as the Scout.

How much force on the cart and where is the counter weight? Do you feel like you need more wight on the headshell in otherwords?

Also, getting it level can be fun. Try and not extend the feet unless you have to. At least one should be all the way in, in other words.

Edited by luvdunhill

How much force on the cart and where is the counter weight? Do you feel like you need more wight on the headshell in otherwords?

Also, getting it level can be fun. Try and not extend the feet unless you have to. At least one should be all the way in, in other words.

The counter weight is pushed in about 1.5-2 mm from the end of black plastic piece... so there is a lot of room for the weight to move forward. This is with a 1.3g non-magnetic headshell weight, I'll try it without the headshell weight later.

VTF is at 2.2g, haven't tried anything else yet (what sounded best to me on the JMW-9, with appropriate tracking).

I don't think it will be possible to only extend one foot to get it level, unless I add some rubber pieces to the baseboard.