The analog thread.

Hopstretch

Around 11 hours on the cartridge and its sounding good. Very good dynamics, maybe better than the Dynavector XV-1s. Great extention in both directions, lots of detail. Brighter, but not more detailed than the XV-1s. technically right up there, musicly not on par with the XV-1s. At the least, in the class of the Dynavector XX2 MKII, for a few hundred bucks less. Its super quiet, balanced from top to bottom, huge soundstage, and tracks like a champ. Makes me wonder how good the Kleos is? If I had not been using the Koetsu Rosewood sig. platinum, and Dyna XV-1s over the last few years i wouldnt be noticing some of the shortcomings of this cartridge. It will get lots of play time, but the XV-1s will go back on when it gets home.

Anyone looking for an under $2K cartridge should check one of these out. If makes any major changes from here on in I will post them.

I think the Lyra is where its going to stay in far as any burn in change. The midrange has gotten a little more forward and fleshed out some. I've been pulling out a bunch of records since I got home from work last night. I'm off today, and cant break away from the music. This has evolved into a killer good cartridge. The way its sounding now it is very close to the XV-1s, I think its better than the Rosewood signature Platinum and the XX2 MKII cartridges were.

I'm going to go for the Kleos and when the Dyna gets back have fun comparing.

Seeing that Cinemag is discontiuing the "Blue" series, it's probably wise to give it a try while you can.

Anyway, if you don't like the way it sounds with your Zyx, you shouldn't have a tough time selling it.

the Cinemag Blue 1131 was nothing short of a major improvement over the red can 3440

The detail lack of grain and soundstage depth are all areas I though were greatly improved. The standard one is no slouch but once you put the blue can in you can't go back. I picked the wrong ratio version and Bob is cool enough to exchange it for the lower gain version.

Any thoughts on high end SUTs?

I am stuck between these three

Choir Audio hashimoto 7 ($1500)

Bobs blue cinemag 1131 ($1150)

Silvercore mc ($1350)

Any thoughts on these three

I'll be using a zyx Atmos or Miyajima mono be

JP,

I've got the Choir SUT H-7 and its fabulous. Using it with my Airy 3x, on the lower gain setting and it works just fine.

Playing it through my Conrad Johnson Premier15 MkII phono with teflon caps upgrade.

I had the standard bobs cinemag before that, this SUT clearly outclasses it, and the rig sounds much better (dynamic , resolving, 3d) and quieter than when I was using the CJ phono stage alone.

A chap in England (Martin Taylor, whose review of this unit is linked to from the Choir website) bought the Choir Audio H-7 based on my review over at Art of Sound forum, and he is very happy with it too.

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/01/07/2011/the-choir-audiohashimoto-sut-h7-moving-coil-step-up-transformer/

Edited by DigiPete

The Atmos and the 4D are the same cart, the omega has the same nude body style but I do not think it is strictly the same cart.

That said I have not heard the Omega but have heard the bloom, yatra and atmos and love/d them all. The S designation on the cart means it has silver wire for the coils. The Zyx carts seem to sound best in the standard copper version with the silver sounding less immediate/veiled and the gold being the worst and most expensive option.

I'd likely pass if it is a silver coil version but YMMV

Edited by jp11801

please let me know how you like it compared to the cinemag 3440 (I think you had one of those) I am enjoying my Cinemag blue 1131 but it may be slightly bass shy

No problem will report back. I did own the 3440A red, good transformer for the money but I preferred straight in the Pass phono. A lot of people that tried the Partridge 3061 said there was too little bass, but I guess it might have been a cartridge mis-match issue? The internal impedance of the Zyx is very low so I'm hoping it sounds good.