The Live Music Thread

Cowboy Junkies last night, at a nice theater near the town in which I grew up.  In all the years I liked them (and used to lust and love after Margo Timmins in their early days), had never seen them before and it was a great experience.  And while they (we all) have aged....they were still so beautiful and so cool.

The only negative was some folks in front of me, a bit down the row, that were talking loudly and one was on her phone a lot.  I actually took a moment to chew them out quietly but ultra-firmly, getting a pat on the back from the guy immediately behind them.

Cowboy Junkies Live.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 7
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

70,000 tons of metal was insanely good. Great concerts, great people, and partying with rock stars. On a boat. I got drunk a fair bit and didn't sleep much. I'll post video later of Alaric crowdsurfin

At the Lyric Opera for opening night. Das Rheingold. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Hilary Hahn last night with the Philadelphia Orchestra.  My vantage: From my lonely chair: The Firebird opening had bass that was just sublime...doublebass, even: (Don't h

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I went and saw Southern Culture on the Skids last night.  I hadn't thought of them in years when I saw the tickets go on sale several months ago.  Boy am I glad I bought tickets.  They still put on a fantastic show.  

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Went to see Damien Escobar Wednesday night with my oldest daughter.  Had not heard him before so that was interesting.  For me the best part was the crowd.  They were definitely his people and it was quite entertaining listening to their response.

I had you tubed (is that a verb?) him and was surprised that he played the violin much less than the videos showed, perhaps half of each piece.  He really connected with the audience in a very personal way.  Of course, passing out roses to the audience didn't hurt.  Near the end he came out into the audience.  A 7 yr old boy who took up the violin asked if he could play.  Damien let him play.  The kid was pretty good!

Great night out with Kristel but I don't think I'll be buying his music.

Not having great luck going to concerts.  Brit Floyd was postponed and I couldn't make the later date.  Willie Nelson/Allison Krauss was cancelled.  Having sticker shock for some of the performances (eg. Elton John, etc).  Hope I catch a few more with no cancellations.

79618352_985648061814898_7024732656889757696_o.jpg

Edited by Aimless1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Live-streaming Mary Fahl on FB.......not great sound, but still such passion in her "alone" performance!

EDIT: she ended with an a cappella version of Amazing Grace.....perfect for the time, and her voice delivers it so well!

image.png.6a998de88c92e56ba292b396553f4b91.png

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

National Independent Venue Association is having a YT festival/benefit this weekend 10/16-18 2020.

Even if you aren't interested in the particular acts, I believe it's a worthy cause and in our better interests to support our local performing arts venues with at least an email to your reps in congress.

Even better if you can afford a dollar or two!

We probably can't save them all but ,..

https://www.saveourstages.com/?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=97453179&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_yXsbhsi7I4rovyk9UtBHtIcJFZM77J96X9g7lSUSxu7oTgUFaGvdvlg_Ijb8riBPdqH-sPaB3cMa7V3ciiw1jaaACmA&utm_content=97453179&utm_source=hs_email#donate-now