Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No comment on that one. If you knew how wasted I was at that point (which you will if/when Fitz uploads those vids)... I don't remember if this is before or after Jacob made me chug an entire glass of red vodka. Btw, love that shot of Al the Bartender mixing said infamous red vodka.

Fredo! Fredo!

When I saw you chugging that vodka, I admit to being a little frightened of what would come next, which turned out to be a story of legend. The fact that you were still chipper ready to drink more at 11:00 am the next morning was pleasantly surprising.

Fredo! Fredo!

When I saw you chugging that vodka, I admit to being a little frightened of what would come next, which turned out to be a story of legend. The fact that you were still chipper ready to drink more at 11:00 am the next morning was pleasantly surprising.

Yeah, and then we shot the bull with that Zodiac salesman while sipping the "special tea", and he said were blowing his mind.:D Made my morning, for sure. To this day I have not experienced the effects of a hangover.

Btw, it was totally not my idea to open the Tactical Nuclear Penguin. I was very adamant in not wanting to open it up until the end, despite being piss drunk.:)

p1020996.jpg

p1030004.jpg

p1030009.jpg

p1030011.jpg

p1030013.jpg

p1020996.jpg

Edited by mypasswordis

i need neurons to live.

some shots captured my decision, for whatever reason, to re-enact, over and over, the scene from the Godfather II where Fredo is confronted by Michael. often times with marginally willing participants.

that's what you say to all the boys and girls...

you need to stop being so lax on getting that waiver and consent form signed. :P

Edited by 909

Jacob is such a flipping pervert -- nearly every shot i see of him, he's either embracing someone or sucking their fucking brain right out of their ear.... :D

The recipients seem to like it though!

look at mpi up there, he looks like he's jizzing in his pants!

His signature takes on much more meaning after you spend such a night with him. :o

TNP bests Bismark, very slightly, but its comparing apples and oranges, and my beer preferences lean toward darker heavier beers all things being equal. If you're an IPA first type, Bismark represents Dogfish 90 minute/ Brewdog Hardcore/ FFF Dreadnaught with the mids taste taken to 11 and with the bass and treble both dialed round to 5 o clock and the alcohol sent through an additional gain stage to +awesome. If you want the salt behind your IPA in good dose, the Brewdog Atlantic IPA was the beer to go for. First real IPA for 200 years. I arrived back to find my Prototype 27 in the hall too. One bottle of that is already earmarked for Canjam 2011. Along with an Abstrakt AB:01.

To propell the thread, Canjam isn't finished yet. It doesn't end until I meet up with Mike in Edinburgh.

Yeah if you're not a high abv beer fan to start with (which I think of as 7% ABV and higher) then the freeze distillation of the Penguin and Bismark is just going to go CLANG against your preferences. Myself, I choose a high ABV over a low ABV all being equal. The Tokyo* is my favourite beer ever out of a bottle (excepting the way side of court TNP and STB) and I frikkin' love the Samichlaus santa beer. Especially if you leave a bottle in a drawer for 12 months and have it the december after you bought it.

Yeah if you're not a high abv beer fan to start with (which I think of as 7% ABV and higher) then the freeze distillation of the Penguin and Bismark is just going to go CLANG against your preferences.
Exactly -- it otherwise sounds very good, I have to force myself not to be interested (and pay attention to those ABV's). I think my tolerance is going up, but I think I'm reaching a plateau, too.

And so Saturday began at the JH Audio booth:

dsc5346.jpg

dsc5347x.jpg

The JH3A, about the size of a typical large portable amp (PR3, SR71, etc.):

dsc5344.jpg

dsc5345.jpg

dsc5350g.jpg

Edwood and Brittany Harvey actively discuss the JH3A:

dsc5349j.jpg

We presented Vicki with her one-of-a-kind t-shirt...:

dsc5357j.jpg

Just before Jerry swooped in to work his magic on her and Ryan:

dsc5361q.jpg

dsc5362e.jpg

The beautiful graphics on the IEM of one JHA roadie:

dsc5369i.jpg

Duggeh contemplates selling a limb for the new JHA system:

dsc5377p.jpg

ALO, and their mis-wired LCD2 shared the room:

dsc5365.jpg

While across the hall Justin put up Headamp's most impressive spread of gear yet...:

dsc5370.jpg

Right next to Feng and his ever-growing list of audio creations:

dsc5371.jpg

Downstairs, Ari's amp kept one half of the room warm...:

dsc5372a.jpg

...While more pizza took care of the other half:

dsc5374h.jpg

Others clustered in the halls...:

dsc5375b.jpg

...And at the registration desk:

dsc5381j.jpg

With the day passing quickly, a group organized to storm Hot Dougs', but not before a stop at the ice cream truck...:

dsc5389.jpg

...for a taste of everyone's favorite!

dsc5388.jpg

dsc5383v.jpg

dsc5391e.jpg

This one's for Beeeeeeeleeeeeey!

dsc5393.jpg

The line progressed slowly...

dsc5392ix.jpg

...but surely...

dsc5399.jpg

...and we finally crossed through the doors...

dsc5402o.jpg

....and to Doug himself:

dsc5403g.jpg

Seemingly before we could sit down, we were overrun with encased meats:

dsc5404q.jpg

and duck fat fries:

dsc5405.jpg

Al loves a good sausagefest:

dsc5407.jpg

and so does Ed:

dsc5411h.jpg

Bloated and sleepy, we loaded back into the cars, and just made it back in time for the raffle...:

dsc5428t.jpg

...where Ryan held court:

dsc5417j.jpg

...and Brian did the heavy lifting:

dsc5418.jpg

...and KG kept a watchful eye on the roomful of misfits:

dsc5424h.jpg

Birgir, come on down!

dsc5433.jpg

Bozebuttons files away another prize...

dsc5451i.jpg

...while Absorbine prepares to hand out another:

dsc5442h.jpg

Shelley wins...

dsc5466.jpg

...and wins again!

dsc5473.jpg

Ironbut waits patiently for his prize:

dsc5461f.jpg

Boomana could not muster such restraint, for her most convenient win:

dsc5476w.jpg

After the bodies were cleared from Saturday night, the rigs fired up to play another day:

dsc5600m.jpg

dsc5602.jpg

Not even errant moisture was enough to keep the T2 down:

dsc5598c.jpg

JP#'s puts the LCD2 through its' paces:

dsc5618.jpg

The HE5 was only one in a strong field of orthodynamics (none could compare with Duggeh's, of course):

dsc5601ac.jpg

The Scot himself, taking in clips from Dark Knight in Smyth SVS-encoded surround sound:

dsc5603t.jpg

Across the room, a K702 waited for listeners:

dsc5604ue.jpg

Elsewhere, the new Beyer headphone endured a chilly response:

dsc5608.jpg

And Tyll kept himself busy all day, measuring every headphone possible:

dsc5622e.jpg

Meanwhile, KG and Justin settled a friendly wager...:

dsc5613g.jpg

...with our northern friend never far away:

dsc5616.jpg

The masses began to gather...

dsc5607k.jpg

...and before you knew it, raffle time, again!

dsc5623.jpg

One member wins a prize that should comfort him during the recovery from his inevitable liver transplant:

dsc5623.jpg

And the wins only became more ironic as Ari's number was called:

dsc5626l.jpg

Then Shure gave out their big prize:

dsc5627b.jpg

And who else, but the raffle king, came away on top again!

dsc5631o.jpg

I just realized that I nowadays I find myself more interested in seeing pics of all gatherings and people whose names I see on here than those of the gear. Someday I'd love to make it to one of these bigger meets to meet some of you in person but after seeing pics and reading the stories I don't think I'd ever be able to keep up. :P