Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

So, CanJam 2010. Like all others that have come before, this was a blast and big kudos to the team that pulled it off - Jim, Ryan, Bryan, Mike, Chris. As usual I'm sad it's over but it was a smashing time from start to finish. So many things to recap and I don't have time to process pics until after I get back home (which will be tomorrow night, 6/7), and the pics include all sorts of good stuff - some gear (which I'll post over at HF), and pics of random unkempt people in suspicious poses (those of course will be posted here). It was great to see old faces and lots of new ones, even if only briefly.

Things I learned at CJ 2010:

- Birgir really does look like an Icelandic viking, and he can lift up anyone like a bag of potatoes to throw them halfway across the room. Definitely the kind of guy you want on your side in a fight. ;)

- Doug/Duggie/Duggeh is as cool in person as his online persona makes him out to be, though he can't do an American accent.

- The Gilmore/Birgir T2 amp is the hottest headphone amp that has ever existed on the planet.

- Tyll's headphone measurement system is the slickest thing that's ever been created.

- The Michael Arnopol Trio is damn good and man do they have that musician-camaraderie intensity thing going.

- The Monkey is really 6'2".

- Not only can Birgir pick up people, but so can Reks (but not quite as successfully). I even had the pleasure of being picked up by Reks. It was: :o

- Putting alcohol into Justin (mypasswordis, not Wilson) results in incoherent babbling about babies, tumors, babies w/ tumors, and how the BP oil spill situation could probably be rectified by -==-.

- Just about anyone will take a swig from a vodka/cranberry juice mix, even if the mix is disproportionate with the vodka on top and the juice on bottom.

- Justin Wilson secretly carries at least one bottle of whisky to CanJams and often places nuts on his vendor table for eating consumption.

- HC-ers will always clean up at the raffles at CanJam. It's just a given at this point.

More in about 1.5 days from now (or maybe sooner, we'll see).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in LA, time for beddy bye. I was fairly hung over this morning. LOL, I think Al was worse off. Haha, damn that Cranberry colored Vodka.

I'm so glad I went earlier this year. Was a blast as usual. Of course, I'd even go if there were no gear.

-Ed

[snip]

Things I learned at CJ 2010:

- Birgir really does look like an Icelandic viking, and he can lift up anyone like a bag of potatoes to throw them halfway across the room. Definitely the kind of guy you want on your side in a fight. ;)

- Doug/Duggie/Duggeh is as cool in person as his online persona makes him out to be, though he can't do an [snip]

- HC-ers will always clean up at the raffles at CanJam. It's just a given at this point.

It's probably because HCers make up more than 50% of the attendees and buy 75% of the raffle tickets.

I'm so glad I went earlier this year. Was a blast as usual. Of course, I'd even go if there were no gear.

There was gear?

Glad you guys/gals all had fun. My weekend ended up pretty much sucking, I had to go to Ashburn, VA for work on Friday and didn't get finished till Saturday afternoon. This was for a pretty sizable hardware install 2 full cabinets in a clients datacenter. Now this was supposed to be a job that the client was installing themselves, but nooo they waited till Thursday morning to tell us that their IT guy had quit two weeks ago and would need us to install it. Color me pissed/sad :chair::sadcat:

I for one was rather confused by Jacob's rant at Pete but then again I didn't hear all of it. Instead we had to go and bust down some doors to hunt for Al.... :)

I'm right now sitting at the Terminal E lobby at Logan and have to wait for at least 3 hours until I can check in. I think a trip doiwntown is in order.

I talked to Pete, and he was laughing about it. I might have been the most confused of all, receiving four calls from Jacob while I was in bed, totally clueless about what was going on, as he vehemently tired to convince me about something having to do with democracy, oligarchies, abandonment, DannyB, luvdunhill to blame for it all at one point, and dissolving head-case based on the failures of all of the above and other things I understood even less.

I didn't even get the Al stories, and breaking glass stories (Matt as instigator, and I'm still shocked, Shelly) until the next day. We all knew Gene would try to break down at least one door post 3AM, so that was no surprise.

I did try to rescue Ed and Peter as they ran up and down my hallway (the avon lady quadrant) screaming Jude's name loudly over and over around 2AM, but that was a seemingly minor event as I have since learned.

If feel so guilty having dragged Shelly down to my level. But she does have a good arm, and even went for two after the first toss went all the way to some grassy, non-breaking area.

Yes, our Shelley turned out to be quite the Prof. Jeckell and Mrs. Hyde, no? I never would have suspected that she would have ended up being your first mate of havoc wreaking. Did she also have something to do with where you napped? ;)

Edited by EdipisReks