Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to post here yesterday. This week Allison and I have been reaching into the cookbook for dinner every night.

This was Tuesday's meal - oregano and parsley-crusted tilapia with halved grape tomatoes and green beans.

post-844-0-30027300-1314886318_thumb.jpg

This was last night's meal - lemon-pepper fettucine, parmesan broccoli, and sweet corn (with a decent malbec),

post-844-0-50890600-1314886588_thumb.jpg

Peter's visiting, so we got some prime NY strip steaks from Costco and grilled them on my Big Steel Keg. I have a perfect system for a much faster cook. Using a "Spider" lowering ring with a Big Green Egg 15" Cast Iron grid. Then moving it to a raised grid with diffuser underneath for the finishing cook. Awesome char, and perfectly even doneness. I ended up getting a Thermapen since it's so much faster to read temps, making it easier to cook different doneness for everyone. Cooked 4 steaks at once this time.

Then after the steaks were done, tossed some corn on the raised grid. Then removed the grid and cooked up some bacon while I was having the grill cool down. (takes forever to cool down even with the vents shut down completely).

And of course I cooked up two batches of bacon. One we all ate right away. The other was for dessert.

Chocolate covered bacon. It's cooling in the freezer right now. I blame Grahame and Peter. I'm really curious as to how it will turn out.

Edited by Edwood