What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

The Bruery Cuir Anniversary Old Ale.

Damn this is so much better than Coton was.

Dude that is one strong Old Ale......color me jealous

Stone 2011 RIS for me....dangerously smooth; I wish they made this a little more bitter and dark chocolatey but overall still excellent. I'm scared aging this will make it too smooth but I'm buying a case anyway just because my local is not restricting me from doing so :)

60d12a25.jpg

Decided to fuck around a little since I have no idea what I'm doing and ended up with a drink made with 2 1/2 oz rye, 1/2 oz campari, and 2 dashes of peychaud's. Is there a name for something like this? Not anything great, but it's immensely drinkable.

This again. Don't know if my proportions were slightly off this time, but I'm getting more rye bite out of it now, which was the original goal of reducing the amount of campari from the initial mix (which tasted mostly of campari). If any of the senior mixologists read this, I'd love to know if this is an actual cocktail, and/or their thoughts on it and what might be done to improve it.

This again. Don't know if my proportions were slightly off this time, but I'm getting more rye bite out of it now, which was the original goal of reducing the amount of campari from the initial mix (which tasted mostly of campari). If any of the senior mixologists read this, I'd love to know if this is an actual cocktail, and/or their thoughts on it and what might be done to improve it.

Well the closest I could find was a Jamie Boudreau cocktail called the Dupont

2 oz rye whiskey

¾ oz Campari

½ oz beer liqueur

Stir and strain into cocktail glass.

Why not name it yourself? How about a Cajun Negroni? The proportions look pretty good unless you want the Campari in the background.

Edited by morphsci

Doug, did you have a cynar cocktail of some kind when we went into the city during Mayberry?

I did, I asked for a Negroni with Cynar in place of the Campari. It was most agreeable indeed.

Another twist I like is to use Dubonnet instead of Rosso.

Inspired by Duggeh, I decided to get out the Cynar bottle.

Bensonhurst

• 1¾ oz rye whiskey
  • ⅔ oz dry vermouth
  • 1 bar-spoon maraschino
  • 1 bar-spoon Cynar
  • Stir over ice then strain in to a cocktail glass. Garnish with a large twist of orange zest.

3Kpme.jpg

I'm putting that on my to-do list.