slower forum

Knuckledragger

I saw this gizmo about 6 months ago, and since I've heard numerous news reports that regulators are getting very serious about mandating it in all table saws.

The guy that invented it is going to get rich as fuck.

The real problem is modern technology and those too stupid to know when not to use it. You can drive by nearly any jobsite today and see some idiot using a power tool while talking or texting on his phone.

Chris Rock's take on animation, in case anyone missed it:

http://oscar.go.com/blogs/real-time/20

Very cool. My dad operated on a kid that had about 1/2" of his thumb sawn off in a high school shop. Crazy thing is my dad is a family physician, but in a town of 1000 people in rural Canada the closest surgeon would have been 2.5 hours away. He was a registrar in gen surg in England so he had no problem with the surgery (I think he was immediately transferred to university hospital afteward) tongue.png

WTF Japan?

Kickers42.jpg

What you see are

not see thru skirts

They are actually prints on the skirts to make it look as if the panties are visible

. This look is the current rage in Japan and apparently you select the style you want depending on the shape of the derriere you are willing to showcase

1112-irina-magneplanar-speakers.jpg

Magnepan Magneplanar 1.7 speakers

They look more like doors than speakers. And in a sense, they are—the supermodel-sized speakers seem to "open up" and let you hear into a recording in a way you can't with conventional speakers. Credit the quasi-ribbon-driver technology, which suspends super-thin strips of mylar-backed foil in a magnetic field. The result: the big speakers seem to disappear, replaced by a soundstage that's as deep as it is wide. Voices sound uncannily real, and the bass is surprisingly satisfying for a design without conventional woofers.

$2,000, magnepan.com

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/techlust/irina-shayk-best-gear-2012?page=8#ixzz1nhmrR884