April 20, 201115 yr comment_442666 I have this track stuck in my head for some reason. I love the way it starts out all serene and chant-y, and slowly evolves into this noise freak-out. Laurie Anderson sample doesn't hurt. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_442670 Bill Frisell - gone, just like a train I lost my copy of this cd and just bought a replacement. I forgot just how great this album is. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_442714 John Zorn -- Nova Express Is this good? What is Zorn up to these days? N.P. Dave Holland - Conference of the Birds (1973) Report
April 21, 201115 yr Author comment_443008 Is this good? What is Zorn up to these days? Listened again because Zorn is never easy to pin down. This record continues to some extent from the Interzone record, although I that was with a bigger band. This one is a quartet with Medeski on piano, Kenny Wollesen on Vibes, Trevor Dunn on bass and Joey Baron on drums. The piano and vibes combo is very cool, and the tunes range from full compositions to structured improvisations. I like this record quite a bit on two listens. NP: tUnE yArDs -- WHOKILL Edited April 21, 201115 yr by Voltron Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_443198 I was somewhere in the middle of that crowd... The Grateful Dead - Live at RFK Stadium 7/12/90 Not the version I'm listening to, but still.... Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_443217 Nice one Mike.. Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die? Adding image -- Edited April 22, 201115 yr by mikeymad Report
April 22, 201115 yr Author comment_443235 Esperanza Spalding interview and live performance on Sirius Real Jazz. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_443284 Did you buy it or download it? I'm a huge flaming lips fan, but I couldn't justify that Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_443295 Did you buy it or download it? I'm a huge flaming lips fan, but I couldn't justify that Download. $150 is too much Report
April 24, 201115 yr comment_443514 Hugh Laurie - Let Them Talk On track 3. Quite surprised so far. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.