Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you listening to Part the Third

Featured Replies

  • Author

After a long wait, I am very excited to have listened to half of the new James Farm album. Awesome stuff.

51BxeOJKc7L._SS400_.jpeg

Edited by Voltron

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 2.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Some Glenn system testing.. Current configuration in New place.

  • It has been a long evening....    a long musical and sad evening.            and lots of Mac 12yo... 

  • Knuckledragger
    Knuckledragger

    I was gonna post this isn Slow, but I think it's more appropriate here.  TMBG's Flood came out 30 years ago today.  After I got past my initial "holy shit am I old" reaction, I reflected upon the firs

Posted Images

  • Author

Was:

Steve-Earle-Ill-Never-Get-Out-of-This-World-Alive-2011.jpg

Steve Earle -- I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive

Is:

2388310_500x500.jpg

Of Montreal -- Thecontrollershpere

EDIT: I just noticed the critter asking "am I Fay Fay?" Nice reference to Fang's wife. :P

Edited by Voltron

Kenny Drew | Undercurrent | DVD Audio (not to be confused with DVD-Audio)

tumblr_lcf16bHF9X1qcm7n7o1_500.jpg

51bIS2HbedL._SS400_.jpg

Bill Frisell - Unspeakable

It's really good, but at this point I prefer Gone, Like a Train and Nashville to this. That may change with multiple listenings.

Scarcity of Miracles, the track they have on blip.tv from here.

Wow. That's pretty, almost AOR, the only thing that saves it from crossing over into yacht rock territory is ...alright, I don't know. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's the bed of "thinking man's music" -- mostly Tony Levin and Jakszyk, I think -- Fripp doesn't do much more than some ornamentation (although behind the scenes I'm pretty sure he's a lot more influential). Also puts me in mind of Sunday All Over The World, for some reason, without the scat-/jazz-based vocals.

But, you know, it's Fripp, Gavin, Levin, et al, plus it'll be available on DVD-A, so I'll be getting it.

I found a bunch of really cheap new Innova CDs over at my favorite used CD store in the modern classical section. Surprisingly most of these are very good albums, not a single dud so far.

51AzIfIKvWL.jpg

Timothy McAllister - Glint (2010)

Giving the Flaming Lips Box Set Heady Nuggs a spin, overall sound is pretty good except a very defective Clouds Taste Metallic side 1

It was

Viktoria Mullova, LAP - Stravinsky, Bartok Violin Concertos

Mullova.JPG

Now it is

Art Pepper - Gettin' Together!

gettin_together_HS_SACD_large.jpg

Later will be

Patricia Barber - Monday Night. Recorded Live At The Green Mill, Chicago, IL February 20, 2006. Download only release ($12.99 in FLAC)

pb-mondaynight032006-lg.jpg

Patricia Barber - Monday Night. Recorded Live At The Green Mill Vol.2

pb-mondaynight2-cvr-lg.jpg

Even better than the other IMHO.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.