And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.  I just hate thinking that I screwed something up.  It's hard for me to enjoy the beautiful music fearing that I could have screwed something up with the music that I don't even know about.... I know that it probably not the case.  

agreed, that minor a glitch would be almost impossible as a hardware failure.

Well, that is good to know.  Although putting the top on backward I think could have damaged something in theory, but everything looked ok.  The thing is that the back and front aren't the same.  The parts in the front go up higher that the parts in the back.  I put the top on and pushed it down but it wouldn't go all the way on.  I was able to pry it off and put it on the right way (which was much easier).  The instructions said to make sure one part was towards the back of the DAC and I was thinking that was the part farthest away from me.  Really dumb, I know.  

Put a message up at the ps audio forums and people are suggesting that I change the firmware.  At this point, I cannot get the DAC to recognize the older firmware but I will try that.  The other suggestion is to open it up and make sure all the connections near the front are ok.   The third suggestion is to contact PS Audio.  I don't have time to open it back up tonight (and probably no time to call PS Audio during business hours tomorrow) but maybe an email to them would be useful.

Hey Shelly,  did you try just unplugging it for a minute or so and plugging it back in (reset/reboot?).

Like the other guys said,.. a software glitch for sure. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

Yeah, I tried that for sure.  (I worked in a computer lab in college for 3 years so this is the first thing I try with anything.)  

Took apart my 15R (wanted to install 7200 hard drive and mSATA)...apparently the manual they directed me towards is for the 17R which has the mSATA in a different place (shocker)...so I'm beginning to think I won't be bringing a laptop with me.  The VAIO just doesn't have the battery life, and I got an extra for the 15R.  Maybe the tablet and phoneblet will be good enough.

I am chatting with 'Sasi M' @ Dell -- that might be the greatest name I've ever chatted with, computer related or otherwise.  I'm going to have to add that to my list of recommended stage names for female lead singers.

Nice!

I used to work at an Israeli company.  Best 2 names I've ever heard were there.

One was the head of HR at the parent company: Nimrod Zipper

Another was a Service Engineer working in the US: Uzi Israel

Both happened to be very very nice guys.....

• Like 1

I resurrected someone today (prolly the main reason I am drinking a syrong red alone on a Monday). No magic, just directed electricity. Though, if I could declare I blessed him and sent him on his way, that would be much much cooler.

In the midst of the odd names, this is fucking fantastic!