And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Well, just found out this morning....the Bone Marrow Drive my son and friend helped run yielded yet ANOTHER match!!!!!

Hopefully will help/save the life of a 22-year old fighting Leukemia.

I can't believe the odds, we signed up just under 100 people to the registry, and achieving two matches is amazing.

• Like 4

not too much earlier today, but i got my Turntable up and running, thanks to GTP and his NAD PP2.  the thing sounds great!  my best man, who gave me the TT, came over with a bunch of great vinyl, and we listened for hours while Emily went to the symphony.  i'm just blown away by how good pristine and virgin vinyl sounds on the system.  this is a modest, but very well made and well calibrated Hitachi belt drive to a Stanton cart (gonna get a Grado before long, i think) to the NAD, running to my NuForce AVP-17, then to the rest of the system.  even noisy stuff still sounds great, and often times very different, and much better, than the digital version.

Oh my. Analog hard drugs claim another young victim   :dance:

Got our taxes done last night and we get a nice refund.  However, as planned this refund is about half as big as last year because we were having too much withheld and we made adjustments to keep more of our money.  Despite that we still had several thousand more than necessary withheld, hence the refund.  

So, make sure you make adjustments to your withholdings each year, so that you aren't giving Uncle Sam too big of a free loan.

Unfortunately the stupid fiscal cliff debacle means that we can't submit our eFile until the end of February if we want our $2,500 American Opportunity Education Tax Credit (or whatever it's called).  The IRS doesn't have everything entered into their tax tables, so they get to hold the money and earn interest on it until mid-March or later, when they are finally ready to accept returns with that credit being used.  

Got our taxes done last night and we get a nice refund.  However, as planned this refund is about half as big as last year because we were having too much withheld and we made adjustments to keep more of our money.  Despite that we still had several thousand more than necessary withheld, hence the refund.  

So, make sure you make adjustments to your withholdings each year, so that you aren't giving Uncle Sam too big of a free loan.

Unfortunately the stupid fiscal cliff debacle means that we can't submit our eFile until the end of February if we want our $2,500 American Opportunity Education Tax Credit (or whatever it's called).  The IRS doesn't have everything entered into their tax tables, so they get to hold the money and earn interest on it until mid-March or later, when they are finally ready to accept returns with that credit being used.  

This doesn't matter, because the FED has made the interest rate almost nonexistent!  They won't make much money.

Edited by aardvark baguette

Jealous, Tom.  The GTR is expensive, but still a screaming bargain in the performance per dollar.

Gene, I agree the perfomance is up there with the best,the other car I really want is the new Ford GT. I have never driven one but remember the days when they dominated 24 hours of lemans.

Edited by bozebuttons