And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Not so much did as observe.

While playing KF with the other Head-Case gamers, I noticed the blinds being outlined in blue, and looked outside to see a police car with lights on chilling out front. After watching it a while, it started going up and down the streets in the neighborhood, and eventually disappeared out of sight. Half an hour or so later I happened to notice the blue again, and now there were more and they had the road blocked off. And nothing was happening. I kept an eye on it for the longest time, but it was just the barricade with nothing else I could see going on, and after a fairly long time, everyone just left.

Usually when the cops are in my neighborhood you can tell why, but this was just so random and weird.

Sweated. Power went out last night due to above-average storm-gale gusts (I heard 60-90 from various sources, and heard something large enough to destroy a windshield being blown about like an empty paper bag), came back about an hour ago, and only just got internet. Just in time, things were just starting to heat up (apartment was 81 degrees). Couldn't do much last night in the dark, couldn't do much today except read.

On the bright side, I found my copy of Redemption Ark before I broke down and replaced it, so I can now finish it.

Good thing, too, 'cause Clavain had just stolen the Corvette.

Trying to decide if I'm gonna swap my new 15" hi-res antiglare MBP for the non hi-res model because the smaller pixel density isn't good for my 50 year old eyes. I don't like having to zoom in on everything that is too small. Making a new time machine backup just in case I pack this up today, but I have until Wednesday to do this.

If they had 16GB RAM retina MBP in stock I might spring for the extra cost. I can't order and wait 4 weeks because we dropped off our old Macbook's for consignment sales at a local shop. Well, maybe I could make a clone to boot from my son's Mac and use that for a few weeks.

Cat emergency.

I was in the bathroom. Heard screams. Emerged to find jazz tangled in the string of some toy, caught under Bonnie's desk with Bonnie trying to free her. Blood everywhere. Complete pandemonium. We got the string cut to free jazz.

I take Jazz to the animal hospital. Bonnie drives herself to the ER.

Jazz now has bandages and booties on her injured back feet, a shot of antibiotics and is under the couch stoned to the bone on some sort of kitty morphine.

Bonnie has an impressive number of bandages on her hands, arms and legs, has her own shot of antibiotics and and a scrip for painkillers of some sort. She looks like the hapless victim in a Jason Stratham movie.

I just have a sort of scratch/gash that I'm not real worried about. I'm crashing post-adrenaline rush.

And Enigma is all upset.

What an afternoon.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the strength of a panicked house cat. And never let the little critters play unsupervised with toys with string.

Yuck, sorry about that for you and Bonnie especially. Talk to Vicki about not worrying about cat scratches because he ended up in the hospital once to my recollection. So listen to the Nuge and make sure you clean that scratch up right and get some antibiotics for yourself if it seems necessary.

Cat_scratch_fever_cover.jpg

Cat emergency.

I was in the bathroom. Heard screams. Emerged to find jazz tangled in the string of some toy, caught under Bonnie's desk with Bonnie trying to free her. Blood everywhere. Complete pandemonium. We got the string cut to free jazz.

I take Jazz to the animal hospital. Bonnie drives herself to the ER.

Jazz now has bandages and booties on her injured back feet, a shot of antibiotics and is under the couch stoned to the bone on some sort of kitty morphine.

Bonnie has an impressive number of bandages on her hands, arms and legs, has her own shot of antibiotics and and a scrip for painkillers of some sort. She looks like the hapless victim in a Jason Stratham movie.

I just have a sort of scratch/gash that I'm not real worried about. I'm crashing post-adrenaline rush.

And Enigma is all upset.

What an afternoon.

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the strength of a panicked house cat. And never let the little critters play unsupervised with toys with string.

Watch out for a pasturella infection - you might need antibiotics too, like dicloxacillin or something.

Cat emergency.

This happened to my sister, except she was sick and alone at the time with a high fever and the cat got tangled in a phone cord. Dogs rule.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Sorry, Carl, sounds really scary. Hope Bonnie and Jazz get better soon.

Thanks, Al, I have a Ted Nugent ear worm running through my head now!

We started the first leg of a two week long family road trip. First stop Cleveland to see my family. Main destinations in Vermont, Montreal, then Bruce Peninsula and Algonquin National Parks on the way back.

Edited by jvlgato