And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Gene knows Portland well. Hopefully when he is back on land he will chime in. Try Becky's Diner for breakfast. It's down by the water. There is a cool coffee shop and a couple of cool pubs but I don't remember the names. There is a pub on every corner. The Porthole is another place I remember going that was good.

I felt like I was on the phone all day. 2 phone interviews, and one networking/catching up with an old friend that happened to contract Lyme disease. Yeezh.

At least, both of the phone interviews went well. The downside is, Google doesn't currently have anything in the DC or Reston, VA offices, so it looks like Mountain View if I go that route. Possibly Boulder, but most probably Mountain View.

At least, both of the phone interviews went well. The downside is, Google doesn't currently have anything in the DC or Reston, VA offices, so it looks like Mountain View if I go that route. Possibly Boulder, but most probably Mountain View.

Mtn. View is the coolz. If you need a couch let me know. Good luck.

Just a warning, and you probably already know, but the Google interview process can unfortunately take months.

Edited by blessingx

I felt like I was on the phone all day. 2 phone interviews, and one networking/catching up with an old friend that happened to contract Lyme disease. Yeezh.

sweet, I did the same today. I have a contact that I could put you in touch with for a security job in the Reston, VA area. It's with EMC/RSA.

I figured Dusty meant it in a relative sense :) I got to do my commute 3x this morning because I got all the way to work and realized I forgot my badges and PKI credentials. Luckily since I get in before 7am most days the traffic had not really formed and I was able to do the round trip back to my house for them in under an hour.

Sat at a desk and looked up pest control contracts for about six hours. Boring but not too bad, preferred to having to associate with a fellow co-worker/trainee who suffers from "insult everyone because they're not as utterly stupid and ignorant as you" syndrome. Can't even talk to the others without her telling me I'm wrong for no reason than her own idiocy. We get cubicles in a week or two, if I have to face her on a daily basis, I'm just gonna wuss out and inform my supervisor of her behavior. At the moment, I just refuse to acknowledge her presence, making her even more crazy.

Edited by Kirosia

Consoled my daughter who was laid off her summer job as a wrangler at the stables in Garden of the Gods due to the fires. Half the employees were let go, and as the newest employee she'll be the last to come back when the park opens again for trail rides.

She's going to lose about $3000 in wages, not including tips, and may not be able to find another job this good before she leaves for college at the end of summer break. I advanced her the money for her new Macbook Pro, but she didnt earn enough to pay for it before the layoffs. It's worse for the others who cant pay their rent. These fires in Colorado are killing the economy pretty quickly. To make things worse, Obama is visiting today. :-p