And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

3 of my friends and I achieved "regular" status at a local bar by finishing 400 beers between the 4 of us in 50 days. We have 20 oz glasses with our names engraved on them as proof.

I also got PRK last week, officially glasses-free.

Edited by Emooze
  • Like 3

Went to see a doctor about the persistent stiffness/pain in my neck and I was told I have a bad case of neck muscle spasms. Told me it should clear in a week or two and prescribed me some muscle relaxant and painkillers. It's a good thing I have a week off next week.

Hope the neck pains get better Haj.

Hope they put that fire under and SOON! Good luck to you and your neighbors.

It seems like the whole state of Colorado is on fire right now. There are 9 major fires are growing so far. Some asshat set a grass fire in Fountain CO today (SE Colorado Springs) but it was put out pretty quickly. They said it looked suspicious for arson.

Then there was the arsonist in Teller county who set 20 fires last week. And they think the large Springer fire around Lake George was unrelated and due to people shooting exploding targets in the woods - that fire cost my son Boy Scout Camp this week.

We don't know if the Waldo Canyon fire (aka Pyramid Mountain Fire) here just outside of Colorado Springs was part of the teller county arsonist, but it's pretty close to there and it's threatening the City of Woodland Park, Garden of the Gods, Glenn Eyrie and Eagle Lake Camp run by the Navigators.org, and several subdivisions like Cedar Heights and Mountain Shadows.

People can't go to work, and tourism is being killed here. The Pikes Peak Hill Climb may be canceled, and more bad things. 4th of July is our highest peak tourist season, and all our major tourism attractions are closed - Pikes Peak and the Cog Railway, The North Pole, Cave of the Winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of the Gods and Glenn Eyrie, Flying W Ranch, and more.

If this fire jumps HWY 24 it might head south through Manitou Springs, Skyline, the Broadmoor area, and then to the NORAD and Broadmoor Bluffs area where I live. I'm more worried about a fresh fire in our neighborhood. Right now I'm all for any arsonist being up for the death penalty if caught, assuming the posse doesn't do them in first.

For the record -- forest fires happened long before there were arsonists, and smokey, and matches. They are a natural phenomenon. It's natural selection at work, and it's a form of composting in nature. (Over simplification, but that's pretty much a synopsis I was given long ago.)

That said, I don't wish anyone being in the path of them, and wouldn't deny you the desire to put every last one of them out.

EDIT:

Me: bought my mom groceries. Yes, that took all fucking day.

In A Dodgy Dive,

7445877044_1ebab8c661_b.jpg

I met a couple of shady characters

7445876486_7034e4acbd_b.jpg

(for Zagats #1 Rated Burger in NYC :) )

Who tried to tempt me with the strange vittles of their fair city

7445877992_878e214902_b.jpg

(Note the "Crack Pie")

Then went on to play tourist

7445880728_a172d4ff23_b.jpg

where they don't care about their carbon footprint

7445882182_600afa90ce_b.jpg

While NYC's finest investigated reports of a Ginger sighting, apparently enjoying some "Crack Pie"

Thanks Guys, for a fun evening.

• Like 2