And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

at the ASME Conference in San Diego for the whole day... from 8AM to 5:30PM. I realized that the whole conference was and is going to be a waste of time and money to my company. It's filled with researchers who focus on clean energy, but no one is interested in buying commercial Direct Fire Absorption Chillers. I also realized that I have more knowledge on DFA Chillers than I ever wanted; in fact, I never knew how a air conditioner worked before I took this job. Ay, the only good thing about today is a free screwdriver that I got from another exhibitor.

Well the HC home ownership woes continue. Our AC unit will need to be replaced. Three straight weeks of upper 90s/100s have done it in. Not surprising for a 28 year old compressor but annoying nevertheless.

Sorry to hear that Jim! That is certainly not cheap. I can completely empathize with you. Perhaps it was caused by the Louiville Slugger - people better stay away from that drink.

Well the HC home ownership woes continue. Our AC unit will need to be replaced. Three straight weeks of upper 90s/100s have done it in. Not surprising for a 28 year old compressor but annoying nevertheless.

maybe you can try one of our company's smallest model. dry.png (don't take it seriously)

It's OK since I had to look up direct fired absorption chiller. It was an interesting read as long as I didn't take it seriously.

Maybe you can share the knowledge with your neighbors as long as they don't take it seriously too.rolleyes.gif It's always good to raise the awarness of the wonderful technologies we have.

Congrats on making the decision Jim. I always find that to be the most difficult part of the process. It is awesome how efficient the new AC units are and how good they are keeping the humidity set at the right level. We really noticed a difference when we replaced ours (I assume the heater should be better too but we don't use ours much here). Hope you don't have to get new ductwork as well.

I agree. The PM conversation was basically "What did I do wrong?" "Read your welcome pm, and the rest of the site, and I'm sure you'll figure it out" "You're not a good admin if you don't tell me what I did wrong" "Sorry, I could tell you, but that's not how we do things, we don't spoon feed people here" and then the above message...