And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Booked flights back to blighty, missing the Olympics, and getting back in time for Oracle Open World.

Speaking of the Olympics, Google G4S and Shambles

http://edition.cnn.c...rity/index.html

or

Zil Lanes

and the london taxi protest over them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/18876641

EDIT: oh and shelly, just be thankful the water is just in your gas pipe and not all throughout your house.

Edited by Grahame

Sorry to hear that Shelly. That sucks big time.

Me: I woke up feeling good for the first time in 14 days. I learned a lesson, go to your doctor not a MinuteClinic. The stupid clinic said "it's just a cold" and sent me on my way, the doc gave me antibiotics and lo and behold 1 day later it's almost gone.

Walked out the door on the way to work and slipped on a nice fresh algae patch on my steps. Went sideways and popped my kneecap out of place for a second. Hurt like hell, and it's still sore. Of course I didn't go to work like that. Had a big day too, lots of extra money involved. Grr.

Had a charitable moment last night involving a cute blonde thing. I'd like to think I'd help anyone in her situation though.

I was on a Walmart run, long story. ...I emptied out $16 bucks from my wallet supposedly for gas. In the end she took my phone number and gave me a call from the disposable phone in her hand, told me where she supposedly works, and promised to pay it back. We shall see.

Update on this, I called her after a couple weeks (Her phone was off for most of that time). She returned the call, I was already home and it was raining so I asked her to call me the next time she was working, because I'm up and down the road all the time. So far no return call. I considered going to her restaraunt with a few people and demanding free food, but it's a terrible country buffet thing and is best avoided even if free.

Sorry about the knee Matt, I can empathize.

We finally signed all the paperwork or our mortgage refi. The best part was last week though when CitiMortgage (our current mortgager) called to find out why we were not going with their offer. It was very cathartic to tell them it was because they were a bunch of greedy, corporate, douchebag cunts (exact phrasing). The silence and hurried, extra pleasant goodbye was priceless.

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 2

Wow, lots of happenings, so assume congrats and damns as needed.

I see in tomorrow's news that Vicki's employer has won (more or less) it's dust up with the beachside NIMBYs. cheerleader.gif

I don't much care for NIMBYs, generally.

This was actually pretty big for us as it's been ongoing for a long time, even if it was a small victory.

First bid on the gas problem, not good news: ~$11,000 and it will take 3-5 days. They basically want to run all new gas pipes from the meter in the back yard to all the appliances. The other problem is that they need to also tear up the deck because we have very little space in our back yard that doesn't have a deck or tree. Didn't really like that deck (and the wood is rotting a bit anyway) but it does keep our entire backyard from becoming a jungle. We knew the bid would be high (since this place is a well known good but expensive plumbing company in the neighborhood) but I was not expecting quite that high. We're going to get at least one more bid to compare it to. Time for the gym so I can get a warm shower and then a drink.

Edit: Could have bought a really nice bike + SR-009 for that cost.

Edited by shellylh