And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went out for a sandwich. Nasty downpour with street flooding downtown. Eight or ten inches deep. A block or so from our building one a parked Nissan Cube looked like it was taking water through the bottom of the doors on the curb side.

Why is it that when there's street flooding, there is always some chowderhead in a pickup trying to make as large a wave as possible?

Coming in late to the latest updates, was on vacation.

Sorry to hear of the difficulties, Jacob. Work this one out, with or without counseling, and you've made great steps as a couple to be ABLE to work things out in the future. Yes, the stress will get to both of you, Karen and I had our ugly outbursts leading up to the wedding, and also when we first moved in together. We're still far from perfect, but we can talk things out and know ultimately our hearts are only for each other.....

As for other rambling, I liked Valerie Bertinelli best, but still liked Mackenzie Phillips too.

Hope everything works out in the end Jacob. Far better versed peeps have more wisely spoken than I possibly can.

I knocked my right pinky toe against a door frame this afternoon. This exact thing happened, on the same toe and in the same spot, less than two months ago. So now I have yet another blood blister right where my last one had healed after a month or so. Ached badly enough that I couldn't run today.

Edited by Aura

Just had a not so fun flying experience on United where I had to wait in line for an hour - not exaggerating - to check a bag and was stuck in a window seat near the back that did not recline. Luckily my hubby gave me the window and took the middle. I forgot how much it sucks not to be elite. Can't wait to get home and have a drink.

Waiting to get on the train to head back to Princeton... I think the poker thing worked out well in the end. I felt like I was conflicted about hands going up against the boss and didn't really care if I lost them and ended up winning all the big ones :)

Edited by luvdunhill

Waiting to get on the train to head back to Princeton... I think the poker thing worked out well in the end. I felt like I was conflicted about hands going up against the boss and didn't really care if I lost them and ended up winning all the big ones smile.png
Well sure, it helped you to win hands in poker, but the real question is whether or not he is man enough not to hold it against you in the future. Good luck with that.

Also: remind me never to play poker with you. I've already made it a rule never to play poker with my (now ex-) boss -- he's kept a poker face with me IRL too many times.

Not that I'd ever play poker, anyways, I just enjoy saying that.