And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Made somen for dinner after thinking that I needed to increase my repertoire to include some summer/hot weather meals as most of the meals I make are not suited for the season. My daughter loved it and gobbled it up. The whole time she was eating she kept saying, "it looks like spaghetti, it's Japanese."

More issues today: permit wasn't actually "pulled" before the work started on Thursday when the company though it was because their proof of liability insurance wasn't updated on the official Texas website.... so then it took a while for the inspector to come out... then the guy from a subcontractor of the gas company that comes out to install the gas meter is an idiot and connects the meter to the old gas pipes and tells us there is a huge leak (yeah, because those pipes are are not connected to anything), he finally calls his boss and his boss figures it out... then he lets out the air in the new pipes by opening a valve under our stove and let's out too much gas into our house, lights the stove and creates a giant flare up under from under the sink - flames were about 4 feet says hubby (luckily I was not there for that and no one got). After running the air conditioner for a couple of hours I cannot smell any gas anymore so I think we are finally in good shape. Sigh... I think I need a drink.

You live in a beautiful neighborhood!

Quaint and lovely!

Thanks! It is quite nice. It's also a contractor's dream ... most of the houses are about a hundred years old, so there's always something needing to be done! And to top it off, it's very liberal and mixed racially and socioeconomically, and probably the most rainbow friendly suburb in Chicagoland!

That's exactly what ran through my mind, too. We may not be seeing the broken trees for the forest or something.

John - Glad it's just a few branches and none of your trees are seriously damaged.

The trees are really nice. They give the area an old neighborhood feel, and provide shade in the summer. They also require me to rod the central sewer line every 1 1/2 years to unclog them from tree roots, and they drop leaves and seeds like crazy every fall and spring! Yin and yang, I guess.

Wow, glad you guys still have some green up there John. We are scorched earth here.

Wer're not too bad up here. The people who garden as a hobby are fretting, but it's really been fine. Not much grass to cut! And we get the occasional blast of rain, like we did this morning. Although we were out of town for the worst of it! Hope you get some rain down there!

Shelly, sorry for your gas problem ... wait, that didn't sound right. Well, hope it's finally all fixed, in any case.

Shelly, I think you are finally ready for that cable reality show gig. azn.gif Wow, if I didn't know you I would say someone is posting BS on this thread, sadly, it really is happening to you. I hope your luck improves real soon.

Quite a storm that passed through here this morning.

I was up at 6 a.m. for a call with India and all of a sudden hell broke loose. Call ended up postponed, so I went back to bed for an hour or so.

Wake up to find out that a utility pole and the top half of a pretty damn tall tree had cracked and fallen straight to the ground. They roped off a 30-40 foot stretch of the block and as of last night it was still in disarray.

*This is at Washington and Harvey, just in case you wanna know John*

Jim - Allison and I were in Peoria on Sunday and it looked terrible. Her mom's cemetery is completely burnt to a crisp. Can't believe how much green we have 150 miles north.

I was up at 6 a.m. for a call with India and all of a sudden hell broke loose. Call ended up postponed, so I went back to bed for an hour or so.

Wake up to find out that a utility pole and the top half of a pretty damn tall tree had cracked and fallen straight to the ground.

Can't believe how much green we have 150 miles north.

Wow! I guess we're pretty lucky. There could have been much more property damage or injuries.

Didn't realize just how dry it was south of here.