And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I got tired of taking pictures... so I took a shitty video, but you will see reflections of the lights on the ground. Yeah... :palm:

It's another hour and change before the people get here to soak up the water in the hall and in about 6 apartments. I may wind up taking yet another day off of work this week.

**BRENT**

Rabies?

pleural effusion.

By the time I finally was able to have them put in the needle to drain it, he couldn't get any fluid. More chest xrays show it receding on its own.

Which is good, but now we can't test the fluid to see what caused it.

What a shitty bunch of days this has been. Before I knew what it was, I went to my general practitioner > radiologists > pulmonologist and finally the hospital where they actually do the damned procedure.

I feel like the whole point was not to help me, but get on the books at all these places. This should have been taken care of in a day (imo) as it was hard to breathe, but it took from last week to yesterday.

Thanks for god damn nothing, people.

My current thinking is that because I have rheumatoid arthritis, its probably an inflammation thing.

Edited by aardvark baguette

Yeezh, man, just yeezh.

Look at the bright side...uh...okay, I'm thinking.

Well, better that it's receding on its own and they can't find what's wrong, than they can't find what's wrong, and can't make it go away, voluntarily or forcefully.

Yeah, I know, I'm stretching. Sorry, man.

Yeezh. Sympathies. Sending painkilling vibes in your general direction.

Ok, I feel compelled to post this even though I decided not to.

So Sunday afternoon, Mary and I are sitting out in the 85 degree sunshine of our back yard catching up on things. With two working parents and a plethora of summer kids obligations our conversations are limited to 20 second sound bites as we pass each other in the family room or kitchen. Ok, so as I am talking to Mary then I hear this whoosh in the air just over my head as if some center fielder just made a cut off throw to home plate followed by what I see in my peripheral is a splash of water about 18 inches high. I jump up and run over to the direction of the splash which is no more than 15 feet away expecting to see a dead duck or hawk but what I see is a irregular chunck of ice the size of a softball. At first I though it might be some neighbors playing a joke but the ice hit with such velocity and the direction of the splash seemed to indicate a mostly vertical trajectory. And yes we are sometimes on the flight path to LAX but the planes usually appear to be 12-26K elevation, rarely hear the engine noise except for those bigaz Airbus ones.

I guess we snagged some or your good luck that day.

Wow, I hope all gets better for everyone soon!

I'm playing drums in a Neil Young tribute show tonight and tomorrow night. It's a 280-seat venue and both shows are sold out. Gonna be fun! We had dress rehearsal/sound check last night, and it was sounding tight.

Edited by acidbasement
  • Like 2

Bizarre stuff....but indeed if no damage done, then yes, a stroke of luck!

But to do a little bitching and moaning, and keep the (relative) bad luck vibe going, I just found out a gent we interviewed for contracting help was not budget-approved. So we're already 1-2 resources low, with even our existing projects stressing our time, and now we can't bring on more help. On top of that, a very important corporate (CEO level visibility) project just came out of left field that would suck up a good 5-6 weeks of my time.

Really.....? My management can't plan for shit......they think we can just shuffle a bit here, push back a bit there, and all will be done, and be done well.

Update on our gas stuff.

Long boring version: I was getting kinda worried about whether everything was set up correctly since the guy who hooked up the gas (who was from the subcontractor of the gas company) was a complete idiot - in case you forgot, he first hooked up our gas to the wrong pipes, sending gas into our house and then he caused a rather quick but large explosion in our house. So we called up the gas company and complained about him, thinking that they should also know. They, being rather worried about lawsuits and, hopefully, our safety, sent the guy's supervisor and someone from the gas company to our house *very* quickly. They checked everything out and did a pressure test for leaks and everything was fine. They also switched out the scorched appliance connector under our sink. Oh, and it sounds like that guy is probably going to be fired (mostly because he never reported the incidents to his boss). Now I feel better and the world is a safer place without that guy working on gas lines (at least for now).

Short version: Everything is A-OK.

Edited by shellylh

stood in Qualcomm Building P machine room for 3 hours introducing our chiller. The noise level in some parts of the room is just unbearable. While at it, we met an engineer from University of Louisiana, Lafayette. Apparently, our company was going to donate a chiller to them for a fuel cell Combined Cooling Heating and Power project 10 years ago, but the whole project fell apart during planning when their expert on absorption chiller died from a heart attack. He was looking to renew the project, but we most likely can't donate any more even if we want to. unsure.png