New Forum Software

tkam

Yes, but you shouldn't be doing that.

Having no intention to get myself banned here, I'll go with what you say (I know I'm new, and many of you have never met me in person. I hope to rectify that sometime soon) though I will say I've been reading HC for almost three years and I'd like to think I know my way around and can contribute.

I really do think that some kind of welcome PM is important, and not just so that people coming here asking what's the best pair of closed headphones for $100 can be told to read it.

The new software looks mighty nice. However, I seem to be unable to get into my private messages now.

Specific error message text:

[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

And I'll stop being sarcastic to new members who post silly questions. :) I learn and laugh a lot here, and I appreciate the work you guys do to keep the forum running.

Edit: Fixed! That was quick. Thanks.

Edited by acidbasement

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but the system seems to lose track of what I've read. I'll have read something several days ago (example, something posted Feb. 3rd) and come back today to see it is now unread and appearing in the new items.

"View New Content" has been very tweaky all day today. Sometimes it pulls up my own last post in a thread and sometimes it has pulled up the same posts in successive executions -- grawk's camera sale post is in the list, click the link and view it, and then hit "View New Content" and there is no new content but the next time I come back to the forum and hipt "View New Content" it is there again.