New Forum Software

tkam

I wish Tapatalk integration worked better. For example, sticky threads never show up with new posts, posts with emoticons partially load (typically you don't get anything after the emoticon), and the unread/new threads just plain doesn't work.

Edited by luvdunhill

FYI two "View New Content" changes/fixes announced today coming in the next version of IPB:

Improved View New Content Tracking

We have rewritten large sections of the view new content tracking and parsing to make it much more accurate. We now fetch the data in a large chunk and then post process it against the topic marking table to ensure complete accuracy. This means that you won't have 'read' topics showing up in your view new content list again.

Improved View New Content Overview

Another common source of confusion was our two areas "View New Content" and "View Active Content". Most people were confused by the difference and ended up loading the wrong view to locate their unread content. We have now merged these views into one single "View New Content" page. This will instantly resolve that confusion and make it much simpler to fetch the data you are looking for.

Apparently the member picture galleries are not supported under this software? That was a feature I really liked :)

Actually there is a gallery I've just had it disabled, was waiting on the new version which has now come out. I'll be working on getting this setup and activated today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Further to the new content weirdness, I have noticed the last couple of days that if there is more than one page of new content, the first page will be in reverse chron order but then the second page starts with some threads that are much more recent than the end of page one. Even if you hit new content again, it will not pull those page 2 entries to page 1. :blink:

Also noted that not all new content shows up in the new content view. Your post for example Al. I just noticed it in Forum View. I wonder how much other new stuff I am missing?

Lots. I try to think of it as the computer telling me to spend less time browsing forums by randomly making it look like less is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - screenshot below is from a test board that IPB has put up running on the forthcoming 3.2 software update. Still no word on release date (though I've heard "early summer" thrown around), but the screenshot shows you the new view new content - and the options available.

post-2-0-03249400-1305311353_thumb.png

• 2 months later...