Choosing the right headphones

fpiki

What kind of subcategories would you say we should divide Sound Quality into?

How about a slider for "Moar bass" to "Dental drill"? But then you would actually have to know what the cans sound like since it is unlikely you could gather this info from the manufacturer's literature (assuming they have any).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open a lemonade stand.

Perfect business, really. Mom pays for the lemons, sugar, cups and ice. She also provides the table and chairs, as well as the pitcher and the big spoon to stir it all together. You don't have to keep regular hours because she'll cover for you when you decide to play cowboys and indians in the cornfield with your friends, and of course she'll clean up the mess at the end of the day. She might even drop a couple extra bucks into the kitty and tell you that there was a long line of customers while you were away. What other business is there with no cost, no worries, no real work, and where you get to keep all of the profits? Oh ya, lots of people think that's possible on the internet...

Edited by Wmcmanus

I love internet ventures which are based on a "you who have the slightest fucking clue which I dont have: do my work and I'll rake in the money, maybe." model.

Hey Duggeh, that's how I make my living thank you! Works in California.

• 2 weeks later...

Sherwood, I applaud you. That quiz is awesome.

Congratulations, you have shown yourself to be an individual who either prefers listening to music 25 seconds at a time, or who has titanium plates welded to the sides of your skull. Your reward is a brilliant pair of headphones that look like they were built by a steampunk LARPing society.

Runners up: SR-007, JH13.

I approve. I didn't even get any fuck off.

Edited by revolink24

I was confused when I saw F--- off. I didn't think you would bother to censor fuck yourself.

I was pretty shocked myself at the 0% fuck off. I was sure I would have done something wrong.

Not sure about the LCD-2 recommendation, though. I think your algorithm might be slightly off. I prefer the HE-6 and SR-007, myself. :lol:

Edited by revolink24

Which Headphone is Right For You?

Your Result: Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

4DA6WgqqsB4V2qSJ.jpg

Congratulations, you have entered an alternate reality in which musical reproduction is accurate, and every cent you earn is immediately funneled into some business Kevin Gilmore knows a lot about. You are granted a temporary visa to Iceland, but you will need to provide your own Bear Hug/ Brennevin medevac.

Result Breakdown:

93% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

90% LCD-2

59% JH13

7% f--- Off

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Ooh! I didn't notice that box on the right the first time.

Your Result: LCD-2

fAFusFxZzOUpj9uO.jpg

Congratulations, you have shown yourself to be an individual who either prefers listening to music 25 seconds at a time, or who has titanium plates welded to the sides of your skull. Your reward is a brilliant pair of headphones that look like they were built by a steampunk LARPing society.

Result Breakdown:

84% LCD-2

80% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

75% JH13

0% Fuck Off

Edited by revolink24

How come I get no fuck off either?

Your Result: Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

4DA6WgqqsB4V2qSJ.jpg

Congratulations, you have entered an alternate reality in which musical reproduction is accurate, and every cent you earn is immediately funneled into some business Kevin Gilmore knows a lot about. You are granted a temporary visa to Iceland, but you will need to provide your own Bear Hug/ Brennevin medevac.

Result Breakdown:

85% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

83% LCD-2

70% JH13

0% f--- Off

Your Result: JH13

f9T7YYfreVCgHgT5.jpg

This is the correct headphone choice for you -- a fact which should make you proud. Your purchase of JH13 does not allow you to flirt with any of Jerry Harvey's wives and/or children, but it does allow you to mock Brent.

Result Breakdown:

78% JH13

72% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

69% LCD-2

20% f--- Off

Heh, 20% Fuck Off. Seems about right. But I do not own nor will ever own JHanythings.

Your Result: JH13

f9T7YYfreVCgHgT5.jpg

This is the correct headphone choice for you -- a fact which should make you proud. Your purchase of JH13 does not allow you to flirt with any of Jerry Harvey's wives and/or children, but it does allow you to mock Brent.

Result Breakdown:

81% JH13

74% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

66% LCD-2

4% f--- Off

Your Result: f--- Off

YR45885EPTuZ3DtM.jpg

You missed an answer, or just seemed insincere. Maybe you posted without reading the Welcome PM, or maybe you thought a bunch of surly a--holes would appreciate your "unique" brand of wasting their time. In any case, it is now time for you to leave.

Result Breakdown:

92% f--- Off

0% Stax SR-007 Mk. 2

0% LCD-2

0% JH13

I believe the other 8% to be f--- on.