What are you Grilling now?

Edwood

1 1/4 pounds boneless beef chuck cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/3 cup water
2 red onions chopped
2 fresh Portobello mushrooms, stems discarded and diced (I scrape the gills out with a spoon before I dice them to keep the chili from being too dark)
2 large carrots (3/4 lb) diced 
3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1 cup dark beer (I prefer a medium red ale it's not as strong, broth or water will work too)
1/4 cut tomato paste
1 chipotle en adobo seeded and finely chopped (I found these in small can in the Mexican food section - freeze the rest for next time)
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon cornmeal (I skip this completely)
1/4 cut light sour cream for topping if desired

spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat.  Add half the beef and cook until browned about 4 minutes.  Transfer the beef to a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.  Repeat with remaining beef

Add the water to the skillet; bring to a boil stirring constantly to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet (I skip this step if nothing stuck to my skillet).  Transfer the liquid to the slow cooker.  Add the onions, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, beer, tomato paste, chipotle, honey, chili powder, cumin and oregano; mix well. Cover and cook until the beef and vegetable's are fork tender.  4-5 on high or 8-10 on low.  (I think low or a mixture of high for an hour or two and then low for longer -- just make sure the meat is tender)

(I skip this step) About 20 minutes before the cooking time is up, gradually stir the cornmeal into the slow cooker until blended; cover and cook on high until thickened, about 15 minutes.  Serve with sour cream

enjoy -- this is a weight watcher recip3  1 1/3 cup serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream is 337 calories, 9g fat, 6 g fiber, 7 points

• Like 1

I didn't think it was going to be nearly as much work as it was to prepare this whole meal, but I made rib-eyes with shisito pepper sauce, wild king salmon with yogurt sauce and skin cracklins, and potato/onion/bacon skewers (with a veggie option substituting zucchini). I was rushed with these pics, but you'll get the idea.

Steak pulled off the grill and sliced (hopefully not too well done for Shelly!)

17919535178_5e199eb22a_b.jpg

Two of three steaks with blistered peppers and sauce, ready to serve

17486893213_6b194e2a18_b.jpg

This is actually a beautiful 2.8 lb fillet of wild king salmon with sumac seasoning, although you cannot perceive its glory from this image

18108446591_013789f83e_b.jpg

The salmon was served with a greek yogurt, fresh chives, dill and grilled scallion sauce

18080923126_b5c0e334e4_b.jpg

As well as salmon skin cracklins that are awesome as a topping

18104004952_ee28ed7b23_b.jpg

Lastly, other than a salad brought by my brother-in-law, was the potato/onion/bacon skewers and veggie alternative (not pictured)

18103995802_64e54692bb_b.jpg

Quick pic of my plate before setting upon it

17919545358_aaa323d8e8_b.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks all.  :-*  That salmon was one of the most beautiful pieces of fish I have seen in awhile.  The whole fillet was over 5 lbs and I would have gotten it all except that it was about $150.  I think you'd have gotten it a bit cheaper when you were fishing, Steve.  O0

• 4 weeks later...