Liquid Lightning

seacard

really...for example???

as to their "inferior" design, do you have the schematics for the LF and LL?

I actually now do have a LF schematic. Not perfect yet, i'm spending my time elsewhere.

I wanted to know what the extra tube did. Now i know. Eventually i will publish the

schematic.

And absolutely the same thing will happen on the LL.

I'm not going to speak as to the SQ of Cavalli amps. I will say that a fun project and a great amp are two very different things. Some people here love to build amps. No problem, sounds like fun. Some people here love amps, because of what they can do in terms of making the process of listening to music so much more enjoyable. Sometimes the two factions come together, sometimes not.

agreed, but i see unfounded slandering with a clear agenda. we can nit-pick design choices and measurements, but in the end it's SQ and safe engineering that counts.

I actually now do have a LF schematic. Not perfect yet, i'm spending my time elsewhere.

I wanted to know what the extra tube did. Now i know. Eventually i will publish the

schematic.

And absolutely the same thing will happen on the LL.

do you have a LF in your possession? if not, i haven't seen any public pics that would allow you to reverse engineer. maybe you have received some "special" pics privately?

agreed, but i see unfounded slandering with a clear agenda. we can nit-pick design choices and measurements, but in the end it's SQ and safe engineering that counts.

I'm not qualified to make statements as to the safety of the designs. And my comments have been limited to some odd personal characteristics. However, there do seem to be some issues with regard to reliability in some products. I'll let the experts flush all that out though.

If you go around presenting yourself on internet as a thought leader and profit, then I'd say that more than opens the door to comments myself and others have made.

I count on my HC buddies to help me decide where my money might best be spent. I trust completely that they have my back, and I've got theirs.

This is the 2nd thread I'm posting to here, again for the benefit of some & what will be the entertainment of others.

Got snagged in bait in the form of character assaults against someone that contributed so much for so long and for nothing in return. Many here have benefited & enjoyed his efforts for the DIY community.

Who cares what I think, just some self-evident points:

* everyone decides the company they keep, the groups they belong & contribute to. It reflects & contributes to their integrity & character.

* anyone contributing or "moderating" here may be in effect supporting & condoning the acts of all of its members, either through action or inaction.

* in real life one can rarely act with impunity & even less-so on the web. Placement agencies & employers use aggregation tools to collect, correlate & report one's (suspected) web presence. The obscurity of your username/handle impacts this of course. However remote, I'd not want to worry about what I've posted or participated in affecting my employment. And then there's the specter of libel suits being successfully conducted against some poor souls on the web.

Even if you diss the moral question of participation here, maybe the non-zero possibility of material impact is something you cannot dismiss.

* those here that know better say little to dissuade its assholes. A couple of the few members here I've contacted directly say they agree with what I'm saying but don't act in the knowledge it'd have little or even negative effect on the situation. A couple have confided they've lost all respect for some key, vocal players here. Obvious question is why you'd choose to remain & contribute to such forums instead of ones with merit & some moderation like diyaudio.com.

I know the HC credo is sort of "a place to let assholes be themselves" e.g. more like a bar hang-out where you can behave like a bunch of immature shitheads griping with one-another while pissing on anyone new to come along. As such its often a vile cesspool one should think twice about swimming in.

And its not a bar where one can get drunk & let loose amongst friends, it's a web presence whose content comes up in google searches (for example), possibly a permanent part of your portfolio.

Know its all opinion like much of what's on the web, and everyone knows to take it or leave it, but know that here you're contributing to a forum that prides itself in lack of common decency & respect for others. Everyone here should weigh the positives & negatives of participation.

Anyone that feels the above has no merit or basis can fire away with what they mistakenly think is impunity. It's fun!

cfcubed

I have no input to any of the discussion at hand, being unfamiliar with the people, products and situation.

But....

One thing I really dislike is the use of extreme analogies to try support or prove a point. The Nazi and Rape analogies are extremely poor IMO, and to my eyes just serve to lessen the impact of the other things you say.

<snip> One thing I really dislike is the use of extreme analogies to try support or prove a point. The Nazi and Rape analogies are extremely poor IMO, and to my eyes just serve to lessen the impact of the other things you say.

Point taken, and a good one it is. Thanks to your post (action) I've removed those tasteless analogies.

So it's time for clueless noobs to enter the discussion? You clearly have no idea what's going on here...

All will be revealed in due time but "the agenda" is that everybody plays by the same rules and the products are at least reasonably well executed. Cavalli fails on both accounts.

do you have a LF in your possession? if not, i haven't seen any public pics that would allow you to reverse engineer. maybe you have received some "special" pics privately?

There are some owners who are rightfully worried that they have indeed been sold a dud. They contact us and in the end full schematics will be posted.

This is the 2nd thread I'm posting to here, again for the benefit of some & what will be the entertainment of others.

Got snagged in bait in the form of character assaults against someone that contributed so much for so long and for nothing in return. Many here have benefited & enjoyed his efforts for the DIY community.

* everyone decides the company they keep, the groups they belong & contribute to. It reflects & contributes to their integrity & character.

* anyone contributing or "moderating" here may be in effect supporting & condoning the acts of all of its members, either through action or inaction.

* in real life one can rarely act with impunity & even less-so on the web. Placement agencies & employers use aggregation tools to collect, correlate & report one's (suspected) web presence. The obscurity of your username/handle impacts this of course. However remote, I'd not want to worry about what I've posted or participated in affecting my employment. And then there's the specter of libel suits being successfully conducted against some poor souls on the web.

Even if you diss the moral question of participation here, maybe the non-zero possibility of material impact is something you cannot dismiss.

* those here that know better say little to dissuade its assholes. A couple of the few members here I've contacted directly say they agree with what I'm saying but don't act in the knowledge it'd have little or even negative effect on the situation. A couple have confided they've lost all respect for some key, vocal players here. Obvious question is why you'd choose to remain & contribute to such forums instead of ones with merit & some moderation like diyaudio.com.

I know the HC credo is sort of "a place to let assholes be themselves" e.g. more like a bar hang-out where you can behave like a bunch of immature shitheads griping with one-another while pissing on anyone new to come along. As such its often a vile cesspool one should think twice about swimming in.

And its not a bar where one can get drunk & let loose amongst friends, it's a web presence whose content comes up in google searches (for example), possibly a permanent part of your portfolio.

Know its all opinion like much of what's on the web, and everyone knows to take it or leave it, but know that here you're contributing to a forum that prides itself in lack of common decency & respect for others. Everyone here should weigh the positives & negatives of participation.

Anyone that feels the above has no merit or basis can fire away with what they mistakenly think is impunity. It's fun!

cfcubed

You just saved the world.

cfcubed

Well you did get one thing right...your username.

cfcubed

Honestly... what... the... hell is this!?

Obvious question is why you'd choose to remain & contribute to such forums instead of ones with merit & some moderation like diyaudio.com

So, why haven't you posted there in 2 years?

Oh, and..... (well, I cannot include a direct link, but...)

http://www.diyaudio....rs/cfcubed.html

Edited by luvdunhill