A Bay Area Meet on 2-11-12.

Cee Tee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made late to this thread, but read his PM. For the lack of severe pain which usually associates to an eardrum perforation, I'd say it's just a wound on the earcanal skin. In any case that ear needs to be inspected, and meanwhile, avoiding water getting into it to prevent infections.

Nice diagnosis Mr Torpedo (are surgeons Mr in Spain or Dr?), this is why I defer all anatomical/surgical questions to him laugh.png

Went into the doctor's today! Results were good. No rupture in the ear drum. Clearly a cut in the ear canal with an unstable blood. No IEMs for a week she said (Probably playing it safe, but I can live with this.... probably. We'll see when I do cardio tomorrow ;p). Thanks again for all the info/advice guys. Never been a big contributor in community-sense in this scene, so the outpouring is extra unexpected and appreciated.

This is a HUGE relief as the LAST thing I would want is for anyone to have any damage to hearing...must have been a great scare.

Turning up the volume too loud and rocking out is at least our fault!! Really glad you are okay, please let that ear heal.

Nice diagnosis Mr Torpedo (are surgeons Mr in Spain or Dr?), this is why I defer all anatomical/surgical questions to him laugh.png

We're Dr here, I think it's just in the UK where surgeons are an inferior category and considered dentists descendants, hence the Mr :palm:;D

Glad of having been right and it's just a small wound in the ear canal. These heal well pretty quickly :) One week of no IEMs is playing quite safe.

Dan I'm glad to hear that it's minor and that you'll recover quickly.

We're Dr here, I think it's just in the UK where surgeons are an inferior category and considered dentists descendants, hence the Mr facepalm.pnggrin.gif

Growing up in the commonwealth I was always told going back to Mr/Mrs was a mark of distinction. Wikipedia said the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia....ege_of_Surgeons

The British and their traditions are weird sometimes but most places have all sorts of silly stuff.

Edited by Dreadhead

We're Dr here, I think it's just in the UK where surgeons are an inferior category and considered dentists descendants, hence the Mr facepalm.pnggrin.gif

Glad of having been right and it's just a small wound in the ear canal. These heal well pretty quickly smile.png One week of no IEMs is playing quite safe.

Dan I'm glad to hear that it's minor and that you'll recover quickly.

Growing up in the commonwealth I was always told going back to Mr/Mrs was a mark of distinction. Wikipedia said the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia....ege_of_Surgeons

The British and their traditions are weird sometimes but most places have all sorts of silly stuff.

It is seen as a mark of distinction. When we were first years in anatomy lab a few people made the mistake of calling retired surgeons "Dr" only to have the wrath unleashed upon them smile.png

Ah that wiki article points to my alma matar laugh.png

Funnily enough I was told a different story from that at the Wikipedia article. They told me that by the XVII century there weren't really surgeons (mostly cause there weren't anesthesiologists either) so anything which had to do with draining festers and the like was performed by dentists, which were considered an inferior class than "true doctors". Dentists of course weren't doctors but misters. As medicine and surgery evolved and became complementary parts of health care, which you needed a medical degree to practice, the tradition kept the different addressing titles, and always gave some preponderance to doctors over misters.

I guess someone made that story up to prove a point about British being social class minded people, or whatever. Maybe one thing is what surgeons want to believe and other what people think hehehehe.

Take care Dan, you'll be enjoying your IEMs in no time ;D

Looks like I'm out, other than perhaps Friday night. This email just in:

"With regards to the scheduled Board meeting to be held in Monaco Tuesday March 13th , I suggest, that as we have a lot to get through, we hold the meeting over two days, and that if you can at such short notice arrive to Monaco Sunday 11th of March so we can start meetings on Monday..."

Means I'll need to leave from Tampa on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday. But I'm still arriving on Friday afternoon, so should at least be able to say hi to everyone that evening.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Can't you guys do remote meetings via a tool like Cisco's WebEx? It would save lots of time and money for the board members and company. After all, this is the 21st century and frugality is in.

Sorry, meant to post this on the Tampa thread. Al sent me a PM to notify me of my blunder.

We normally just do face to face meetings twice per year, and everything else is done by phone conference. But you lose something that way, body language and such. Plus, a lot takes place during quasi-social time and just having the ability to sit down with people and bounce ideas back and forth. It's much easier to get to the bottom of things when you meet face to face. That, and we just hit the $1 billion mark in assets, so we have an obligation to celebrate and be wasteful.

Edited by Wmcmanus

One of the guys won €500 on a €20 bet the first time we were there, about 5 years ago. Three of us walked in just to have a look around, and then he decided to try his luck. He won, cashed out and we left. Bad omen, to say the least... because it hasn't worked out so nicely since then.

P1020563.jpg

P1020566.jpg