RIP someone or another

Wmcmanus

15 hours ago, Grahame said:

Sad - I have some of his flour for making bread right in my cabinet, ready to use. I will have to make a loaf for him. -- I met him once at one of the bread gatherings that I use to be apart of. Very nice, and really ran the company the way that I think that most should. Owned by the people. -- https://www.bobsredmill.com/employee-owned

Cheers Bob. 

Edited by mikeymad
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just learned today that Hinton Battle passed in January. Among many roles of note, he was the original Scarecrow in The Wiz, and more recently the slick, dancing demon (and choreographer) in the Once More With Feeling episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Update: All Broadway Theatres Will Dim Marquees for Hinton Battle Following Outcry

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER | S6E7: Once More, With F... - Tumbex

The marquee lights of Broadway will dim on March 12th in his honor.

• Sad 7

A little over a month ago, but just found out today.

RIP Anthony H Cordesman, Middle East Military Analyst and Audio Writer.  I remember him from The Absolute Sound, so only really from that side of his career.  Two obits/notes below show each side.

Anthony Cordesman: A Remembrance | American Enterprise Institute - AEI

High-End Audio Writer Anthony H. Cordesman Passes | Stereophile.com

• Sad 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Voltron said:

RIP Richard Serra. Love his work. I was very sad when they removed his sculpture from SFMOMA in the room that they had built around it specially. 

Definitely relate. At least the biggie, Sequence, is still close as it moved from Palo Alto (Stanford's Cantor Center) to SFMOMA and then back to Palo Alto. Somewhere I have a photo of young Esmé, with wide eyes, getting lost in the light & shadows. 

• Thanks 1

Also Sadat, though honestly, I'm still thinking of Jacqueline Bisset.

EDIT: Just going through his IMDB page... Bonanza, Alias Smith and Jones (a Head-Case favorite!), Mod Squad, Love American Style, Good Times, Six Million Dollar Man, Police Story, Roots, etc. Man, he was everywhere. 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2