World Cup 2014

morphsci

A 1-0 loss to Germany is not a bad result. The USA played well and had opportunities. The goal scored by Mueller was not due to a US mistake but was simply a perfect shot. I think this was actually the best game we played in the tournament.

Oh, and somebody please tell Uruguay to STFU and stop whining.

Edited by morphsci

I actually think we did great on the first half, and we'd clearly have won easily if it wasn't for that bullshit referee.

He didn't see a clear penalty on Hulk, annulled his goal when he touched the ball with his shoulder and gave the most unfair yellow card I've ever seen in my life. Not to mention the fact that he stopped the game at every two fucking seconds.

I actually think we did great on the first half, and we'd clearly have won easily if it wasn't for that bullshit referee.

He didn't see a clear penalty on Hulk, annulled his goal when he touched the ball with his shoulder and gave the most unfair yellow card I've ever seen in my life. Not to mention the fact that he stopped the game at every two fucking seconds.

I didn't realize the Hulk's shoulder extends all the way down to his bicep.  Watch the replay, you sore winner.  There is no question it was a hand ball.

I didn't realize the Hulk's shoulder extends all the way down to his bicep. Watch the replay, you sore winner. There is no question it was a hand ball.

I'm no sore winner, Al. I have watched the replay several times. It was a clear shoulder movement and the ball didn't even touch below his shirt. Even Argentinian newspapers, which constantly mock us Brazilians stated that it was unfair.

I have to agree that the handball call was pretty marginal at best. I actually like that referee, he is one of my favorites in the premier league, but he was just off his game today, way too much stoppage of play. I especially liked the yellow card in the second half where the Chilean player hurtles into the Brazilian defender (who was actually moving away from the Chilean) and then throws himself on the ground. Yeah that should be a yellow card on the Brazilian defender. :palm: Nevertheless, Brazil was really lucky. They had so many chances to take shots in the last ten minutes and nobody wanted to take the shot! WTF Brazil?

I think Brazil is going to have a real hard time against Colombia, their defense looked superb and their two goals were things of beauty.

Edited by morphsci

I have to agree that the handball call was pretty marginal at best. I actually like that referee, he is one of my favorites in the premier league, but he was just off his game today, way too much stoppage of play. I especially liked the yellow card in the second half where the Chilean player hurtles into the Brazilian defender (who was actually moving away from the Chilean) and then throws himself on the ground. Yeah that should be a yellow card on the Brazilian defender. :palm: Nevertheless, Brazil was really lucky. They had so many chances to take shots in the last ten minutes and nobody wanted to take the shot! WTF Brazil?

I think Brazil is going to have a real hard time against Colombia, their defense looked superb and their two goals were things of beauty.

Agree with everything. Brazil just isn't what it used to be anymore... if we manage to win (something I find relatively unlikely), it's going to be very very difficult and luck will definitely play its part.

Some of it is down to the trainer, Felipão, I think. He's really stubborn and keeps insisting on players who are not doing well. Fred is horrible, Hulk played well today but wasn't doing so in every other game and then there's Jô...there are better players around who weren't called for the team.

I want Colombia to beat Brazil. That said, of the two goals Colombia scored vs Uruguay, I liked the 2nd one the best simply because of the sheer coordination that happened to make that goal. Astounding synchronization!