Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I would even go so far as to say that away from each other, on a really good amp (e.g. BHSE, ES-1), I'm not sure everyone would be able to tell the difference. The coloration that I heard (slight midbass hump) worked well for rock-and-roll, and is probably the one you're thinking of will go away with mods, so: spot on. Also, nothing a little EQ couldn't solve. Also: moar black (at least, the black one is).

For me I have two complaints about the Mk2/A, the midbass hump is caused by the port Stax put into the cable entry to get rid of the fart issue. Plug the port and it is gone. My second complaint is the midrange coloration which is rather similar to what the SR-404 has. This is caused by the increased height of the earpads to help make the phones more comfortable for people with ears that protrude more then the norm. To fix this I alter the spring inside the earpads, make it flatter and wider so it grabs the sides of the earpads.

I'm not sure that EQ can fix these issues, certainly hasn't worked for me with the SR-404 in the past.

Well I have quirky tastes in headphones. ;) Not sure I like the HE60 and have never heard the ESP950, but the 404LE works for me and I don't really feel a need to get another stat headphone - at least for now.

You always need another 'stat... :D

I'll probably like the O2 Mk2 after mods, if it really turns out to sound like an O2 Mk1 with moar treblez.

It's a subtle change but it's there. :)

Ticket to see Porcupine Tree in the Big Apple in September (well, not really bought, but commited to buying -- my buddy bought them). Orchestra front 2-6, huzzah.

beavisnbutthead.gif Porcupine Tree PWN. Sadly I have never seen them live. A friend of mine has seen them every time they have come to Boston in the last decade or so and says they never fail to impress. She might be a bit biased on the subject however, as she's confessed to me on several occasions that she wants to have Steven Wilson's babies.

---

Yesterday I bought a ton of stuff including a softbox and two small par cans + color correction gels. I'm now entering the frightening world of product photography. I have ...very mixed feelings about this. I'm always excited to take on a new facet of photography, but product photography is a subset of studio work (which I generally loathe) and shares quite a bit with macro work (where I lack any skill).

Also, the AirPort Extreme I bought arrived from Apple yesterday, but I was so effing tired at the end of last night, I didn't even take it out of the box. This afternoon I'm going to set it up and see if I can suss out how to set it up. Then I have to arrange to return the cock-smoking sheep-raping Netgear WAP to Provantage.

madani.gif

Yesterday I bought a ton of stuff including a softbox and two small par cans + color correction gels. I'm now entering the frightening world of product photography. I have ...very mixed feelings about this. I'm always excited to take on a new facet of photography, but product photography is a subset of studio work (which I generally loathe) and shares quite a bit with macro work (where I lack any skill).

Good luck with the new work. I guess it's a bit more than strong tripod with great head/arms, good glass with a lot of leaves on the aperture, high f-numbers, and soft light?

Good luck with the new work. I guess it's a bit more than strong tripod with great head/arms, good glass with a lot of leaves on the aperture, high f-numbers, and soft light?

I think a lot of it is actually post production. There was a video posted not too long ago that detailed the work that went into photographing a product, it was insane.

beavisnbutthead.gif Porcupine Tree PWN. Sadly I have never seen them live. A friend of mine has seen them every time they have come to Boston in the last decade or so and says they never fail to impress. She might be a bit biased on the subject however, as she's confessed to me on several occasions that she wants to have Steven Wilson's babies.
They put on a wonderful show. I saw them twice on the previous (first) leg of the Incident tour, and they are indeed, awesome live. Every show is different. You really should see them live, especially if you like the more recent, harder material. I've never seen an entire set by them up until recently, though I've seen them live as far back as the Stupid Dream tour.

And this coming from someone who is avowedly against having babies.

And believe it or not, I've heard that before. Pretty sure it's a different girl, though, 'cause this one lives in 'bama. And lives with a guy she calls "Reap" -- this girl doesn't have a boyfriend she calls "Reap", does she?

They put on a wonderful show. I saw them twice on the previous (first) leg of the Incident tour, and they are indeed, awesome live. Every show is different. You really should see them live, especially if you like the more recent, harder material. I've never seen an entire set by them up until recently, though I've seen them live as far back as the Stupid Dream tour.

I really do like the harder edged Porcupine Tree stuff. I think my favorite album by them is Deadwing, though I have listened to Fear of a Blank Planet extensively as well. Sadly, looking at their tour schedule, it doesn't look like PT is coming anywhere near me this year.

And this coming from someone who is avowedly against having babies.

And believe it or not, I've heard that before. Pretty sure it's a different girl, though, 'cause this one lives in 'bama. And lives with a guy she calls "Reap" -- this girl doesn't have a boyfriend she calls "Reap", does she?

*chuckle* As best I can fathom, the girl in question is against baby production as well; Steven Wilson notwithstanding. She broke up with hey boyfriend over the summer, and his name was definitely not Reap.