Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Same as Jim plus...

(deal at B&H) :palm:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Digital Micro Four Thirds Camera W/14-42mm Lens (Black) +

Panasonic PA45200 45-200mm f/4-5.6 G Vario MEGA O.I.S. Lens for Micro Four Thirds SLR

*Hoping* to get slightly better pictures than the LX5 (especially with moving subjects with low light) with a slightly smaller camera than the D90 + 18-200 lens (for some travel)

740320.jpg

588078.jpg

Will be looking forward to sample shots... :)

Belkin Conserve Insight F7C005q Energy-Use Monitor

31v%2B-zz9uSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Time to figure out how much my Slimserver is drawing from the wall. I had set it to do wake on lan but I'm having issues with that from some locations so I'm thinking of having it sit on all the time.

This thing is neat. My computer costs me $85 a year to run :)

Cameronbridge DT 1979 30yo 51.9%alc.

Carsebridge DT 1979 31yo 55.7%alc.

Invergordon DT 1972 38yo 44.0%alc.

Port Dundas DT 1973 36yo 54.1%alc.

Ben Nevis OB 25yo 54.0%alc.

Linkwood G&M 1969/40yo 43%alc.

Going to be a good weekend:

Wow! Where do you find that stuff? That would make anyones wet bar proud!

oDokb.jpg

The Tiny Bang Story: An indie game that's a point and click puzzle adventure with hand drawn graphics and an electronic music score. It might not be the next Machinarium, but it sounds similar enough that I'm willing to try it out.

I love stuff like this.

I found a book I've been looking for, for a while, it went OOP after it was released.

post-236-0-67112300-1306554176_thumb.jpg

post-236-0-45638100-1306554177_thumb.jpg

y u no thunderbolt

Good question. My Seagate GoFlex drives (750Gb and 1.5Tb) only support USB 3.0 and FW800, but not Thunderbolt. And it doesn't look like anyone makes a Thunderbolt adapter for expresscard yet. Even then, the expresscard slot is not fast enough to reach thunderbolt speeds.

The FW800 interface is fast, but I thought it would be nice to get even higher speed out of them with USB 3.0. And the $83 USB 3.0 card was cheaper than selling my Macbook Pro for a new one and then trying to find Thunderbolt drives.

Good question. My Seagate GoFlex drives (750Gb and 1.5Tb) only support USB 3.0 and FW800, but not Thunderbolt. And it doesn't look like anyone makes a Thunderbolt adapter for expresscard yet. Even then, the expresscard slot is not fast enough to reach thunderbolt speeds.

The FW800 interface is fast, but I thought it would be nice to get even higher speed out of them with USB 3.0. And the $83 USB 3.0 card was cheaper than selling my Macbook Pro for a new one and then trying to find Thunderbolt drives.

go get a new MacBook Pro, tomorrow

Wow! Where do you find that stuff? That would make anyones wet bar proud!

Cheers Guys - This stuff I import.. hard to find the grain whiskies in the US.. This order was from Loch Fyne Whiskies (Richard is a great guy)..

They had the Ben Nevis that I wanted - so I threw in a couple of other bottles to round out the order.. :)

Cheers,

Mikey

Damn, Reks, that is a nice price for those boots, hope they work well for you. I've luckily found a particular model from L.L. Bean that fits me really well and have been wearing them for the past 15 years or so. Actually, they recently replaced my original pair for free under their lifetime satisfaction guarantee.