Yep it happens.....

Invergordon 1965 / 45 Year Old

Shackleton's Whisky - Mackinlay's Rare

Greenore 18 Year Old Irish Single Grain

Invergordon 1972 / 37 Year Old Carn Mor

Cameronbridge 1965 / 45 Year Old / Clan Denny

Nikka Taketsuru 21 Year Old

IMG955552.jpg

Win! Congrats on the goal and the purchase!

I just made a offer on a place south of here (Mayberry Mid-Atlantic?) and if I am successful we'll have to have an east coast meet with bikes and headphones :)

I'm kind of excited about the east coast meet part. :P

Win! Congrats on the goal and the purchase!

Thanks, really it's only 10 to 15lbs but it needs to go. The bike is also about finding a way to exercise that won't lead to another knee operation! I'm pretty psyched though, I rode the Cannondale Synapse Carbon and it was very nice but the idea that the Roubaix should be just a bit more compliant pushed me to spend the little extra it took to get it. My wife was a bit nonplussed at the price. :)

I just made a offer on a place south of here (Mayberry Mid-Atlantic?) and if I am successful we'll have to have an east coast meet with bikes and headphones :)

Big congrats to you. I'm 20+ years away from being able to do anything like that at a minimum, or at least it feels that way right now.

Yeah I'll admit we're really lucky. The impending baby pushed us over the edge on getting it so that we could have a fun weekend place an hour and a half or less away to take him instead of just hanging around at the house all the time (vacations other than weekends are difficult). We'll see if it was a good decision but at least the prices were (relatively) very reasonable.

Good call on the Roubaix :)

Edited by Dreadhead

Asics GT2150. A cheap backup running shoe and everyday shoe. I bought them a while back but my Vibram Bikila Ls' and Keen Newport H2s finally arrived today. Also ordered the Merrell Trail Glove, but those might need to go down half a size.

I tried the trail glove on in a store the other day (and will probably get). Are you sure about sizing down a half though? Didn't feel that way to me.

I've read that in a few places, but of course YMMV. If your normal size is fine, then go with that. Another factor I've read is that it really depends on what you're going for with them. If you're looking to go for that more pure "barefoot" like feel, then going a half size smaller than normal might be good. If you don't care though then don't worry about it. It was also mentioned that they do have a fairly wide toe box. For me though, it really doesn't help that no brick and mortar shop stocks my size. I guess I'll know this weekend when mine come in as to what size works for me.

Edited by PFKMan23

Four tickets for our trip to Germany and Prague in June. Air France had a promotion where the business class round trip was only a few bucks more than coach (and less than "premium coach" go figure) so we are flying in style. Plus, the flight from SF to Paris (on the way to Berlin) is on the new two-decker Airbus A380, which should be very cool. The itinerary is Berlin, Dresden, Prague, and then Munich and environs (such as Mad Ludwig's castles) in 17 days. Looking forward to it, and I'm open to any suggestions or meet-ups if Colin or anyone else might cross our path. :dance: