Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Originally Posted by mrarroyo viewpost.gif

Very nice looking unit, I am thinking of replacing my older Monster 3500MkII unit and this would work out fine. The lowest price I found was about $615 at: PROVANTAGE: APC S10BLK APC AV Black 1KVA S Type Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V

Have you seen it elsewhere for less? Thanks.

I got mine through Vann's, the one mr. veloaudio pointed to above.

I just wanted to post this nice experience I had with Vanns. I noticed when the item I bought was posted above with a link to Amazon, the price had gone down $100 since I bought it one week ago. I wrote to Vanns fully expecting to be denied a refund and here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting Vanns. While we do not have an official price protection policy we

do offer that if the price goes down on our website within 15 days from the date of receipt

we will refund you the difference. This is done as a courtesy to our customers because we do

not know when our prices will change.

I have given your information to our accounting department to refund you the difference of

$100. This usually takes 2-3 business days and the credit will be issued to the card you

used to place the order with.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks and have a great day!"

It's nice to do business with a company like this.

Originally Posted by mrarroyo viewpost.gif

Very nice looking unit, I am thinking of replacing my older Monster 3500MkII unit and this would work out fine. The lowest price I found was about $615 at: PROVANTAGE: APC S10BLK APC AV Black 1KVA S Type Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V

Have you seen it elsewhere for less? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss viewpost.gif

I got mine through Vann's, the one mr. veloaudio pointed to above.

No need for the "Mr," way too formal :)

I just wanted to post this nice experience I had with Vanns. I noticed when the item I bought was posted above with a link to Amazon, the price had gone down $100 since I bought it one week ago. I wrote to Vanns fully expecting to be denied a refund and here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting Vanns. While we do not have an official price protection policy we

do offer that if the price goes down on our website within 15 days from the date of receipt

we will refund you the difference. This is done as a courtesy to our customers because we do

not know when our prices will change.

I have given your information to our accounting department to refund you the difference of

$100. This usually takes 2-3 business days and the credit will be issued to the card you

used to place the order with.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks and have a great day!"

It's nice to do business with a company like this.

Wait, does this mean I get a cut of the $100? ;)

Good to know about Vanns. I was thinking about ordering from them.

Nice! Usualy there is an Elenco option that has both the board and jumpers, but what you got is great. One other thing that might be useful are the grabber probe thingies:

Mini Hook Clips - RadioShack.com

(these are pretty bad quality, but I'm sure you can find something like them at Fry's)

Nice! Usualy there is an Elenco option that has both the board and jumpers, but what you got is great. One other thing that might be useful are the grabber probe thingies:

Mini Hook Clips - RadioShack.com

(these are pretty bad quality, but I'm sure you can find something like them at Fry's)

Thanks. I've already picked up some mini-alligator clips. I'll get some mini-clips like these too. Unfortunately, the nearest Fry's is 33 miles away. The local electronics shop will have them. I'll check there and see if they are too over priced. I checked there for a breadboard, but the only one they had was $30. :(

Oh yeah, forgot I also bought two of these for expendable use:

9.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot I also bought two of these for expendable use:

9.jpg

Make sure you routinely check them against a known good meter and also replace their batteries often. I just checked mine, evidently line voltage at my house is currently ~180VAC, or 121 after replacing the battery.

No need for the "Mr," way too formal :)

You would be 100% correct if the mr stood for Mr., unfortunately when I first chose that user-name a few years ago it stood for the m in Miguel and the r for Ramon which happen to be my first and middle names. I have been using it on so many forums that I have just let it be. Sorry.

Which is funny, because the link on my computer says that they're in stock. Not to take any "business" away from Nugget Audio, but he really should be concentrating on the Big Menace.

Right after I posted monoprice sent me an In Stock email. However, Nugget Audio had already secured my business :)