Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Ordered a bunch of stuff to build a home server, as my 2TB NAS is long past stuffed full now. So, by mid week it'll be replaced by a nice little 4.5TB box o' goodness.

Good stuff! I picked up two 2TB drives from newegg to upgrade my home server. Newegg was tempting me too much with their sale.

Good stuff! I picked up two 2TB drives from newegg to upgrade my home server. Newegg was tempting me too much with their sale.

I initially wanted to go with 2TB'ers. But 1.5's from Amazon for $80 were just too hot to pass up. I ended up with a nice big case for next to nothing, so data density became less of a issue.

Picked up a 2 TB external drive from Dell.com for $150 to replace my almost full 1 TB drive.

Guzzi, I hope I can hold out 7 more days. I have the order page open in a tab. So far, I've been able to resist.

Jim, funny stuff.

Dinny, listen to Jim. :)

Stretch, nice cart. I have a $1500 credit with Oz (Let There Be Sound). He is a Shelter dealer and was considering picking up a 7000 or 9000, depending on the deal he gives me, which should be a good one.

Al, nice lens. I look forward to the pics of the meet.

My wife bought me a Tumi briefcase in the nylon, not leather. Not sure if I am going to move up to the leather. First, it's about $250 more, not a huge problem. Second, one of my law partners has one and hasn't used it for a couple of years as he found it to be heavy, especially with a computer. I have the computer and a handgun, so it would be even more weight. Al, understanding you don't have a gun, what do you think about the weight issue? Thanks.

Edited by tyrion

Shelter 501 MkII.

Oh dear oh dear etc. etc.

madness300.jpg

:P

Picked up a 2 TB external drive from Dell.com for $150 to replace my almost full 1 TB drive.

Guzzi, I hope I can hold out 7 more days. I have the order page open in a tab. So far, I've been able to resist.

Jim, funny stuff.

Stretch, nice cart. I have a $1500 credit with Oz (Let There Be Sound). He is a Shelter dealer and was considering picking up a 7000 or 9000, depending on the deal he gives me, which should be a good one.

My wife bought me a Tumi briefcase in the nylon, not leather. Not sure if I am going to move up to the leather. First, it's about $250 more, not a huge problem. Second, one of my law partners has one and hasn't used it for a couple of years as he found it to be heavy, especially with a computer. I have the computer and a handgun, so it would be even more weight. Al, understanding you don't have a gun, what do you think about the weight issue? Thanks.

Keep the one Gail bought you, it's ballistic nylon after all! ;) I don't think their leather is all that great, it is heavy, and the nylon could hold a bazooka.

Jim, funny stuff.

You could always move the handgun to inside the waistband, or on the ankle, or in a pocket. I carry any of those ways depending on my mood or how I'm dressed. I have a nice Milt Sparks VersaMax II that allows tucking in a shirt over the holster/pistol so something like that is an option.

Too many brown outs in the last three weeks, so....

"Picture removed to save bandwidth"

APCAV Product Technical Specifications: S10BLK

Very nice looking unit, I am thinking of replacing my older Monster 3500MkII unit and this would work out fine. The lowest price I found was about $615 at: PROVANTAGE: APC S10BLK APC AV Black 1KVA S Type Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V

Have you seen it elsewhere for less? Thanks.

Very nice looking unit, I am thinking of replacing my older Monster 3500MkII unit and this would work out fine. The lowest price I found was about $615 at: PROVANTAGE: APC S10BLK APC AV Black 1KVA S Type Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V

Check Amazon, its on there for $599 (Vanns.com)

Amazon

Notice the provided HC Amazon link

Edited by veloaudio
HC

I got mine through Vann's, the one mr. veloaudio pointed to above.

Just picked up 8 Riedel Vinum Bordeaux/Cab wine glasses from BB&B - just in time for Thanksgiving

Riedel Vinum 21 1/2-Ounce Cabernet/Bordeaux

Any suggestions for good beer/ale glasses?

I like standard pint glasses for most beer and tulip shaped glasses for more complex beers. Belgian beers often have specific glasses for each variety, but I think even brandy glasses serve the same purpose