Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yes, the one from Reno Hifi -- thanks for the advice, and especially that tip.

No, not :palm:, that was really from my wallet. Was trying to save money for potential super duper Black Friday deals (hello? I still need a laptop), but this seemed too good -- and too 'me' -- to pass (ahem) up.

And then I'll have a pretty decent speaker rig again.

Oppo BDP-83 -> Pass Labs Aleph P -> Musical Fidelity A308 -> Dynaudio Special 25's.

"kasha"? Why do you use that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Is there such a thing as a "kasha stout"? Because they got oatmeal stout and barley malts, so I'm thinking...never mind...

Oh, and technically I haven't bought it yet, but I just committed to buying it, and told the guy I'm buying it, so as far as I'm concerned, it's bought. Here's to hoping he doesn't sell it before Friday.

Ah.

Thank you very much, Dusty. I highly recommend you do. It's not an instrument that stands well on its own until you get to real virtuosic levels, but danged if it isn't extremely enjoyable.
I don't know -- I'm not looking into getting into all the slapping and plucking. I just love a good bass line -- it doesn't have to be anything fancy (although my jaw does, indeed, drop, when I hear someone like the Ox play "The Real Me") -- listen to, for example, "Bang and Blame" from REM. Really nice understated bassline on that one. (I'm not saying it's easy to play -- especially with the groove he's got going on, but it doesn't require the technical virtuosity that for instance Justin and I discussed in that other thread -- it's more of the other kind -- the expressive virtuosity that Justin described.) The only thing hard about the one I'm thinking of is this one two-note "chord" (is it still called a chord when it's only two notes?) right towards the end of this one part. Edited by Dusty Chalk

JH13. :palm:

When does the ULN-2 arrive?

Re: Screaming Oranges

"let me make idiocy an even number and bring it up to 4. " What's the cut-off date for that? If you go back to November 21, then the number is five. Five is the number...................

Edited by Augsburger