Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I bought this a while ago as a gift for my son but he told me he didn't need it so I kept it around figuring it would come in handy. Well now that the Quads are gone here is my office rig. Oh how the mighty have fallen:

5f4fd906.jpg

The truth is it is pretty adequate for the office.

Congrats! Holy crap you don't mess around when it comes to headphones. :D

Ehh, lets just say that the Qualia deal didn't go so well. The seller was not really truthful about the condition of the headphones, and I might not even be able to return them back to him. For the price I paid(over 4100usd through Kuboten), its not worth it for me(sacraficing alot of things money wise), so if I do receive them(in the event the seller won't take them back), I will try my best to recondition the earpads, and rid the headphones of any smoke smell.:( Time to use some Autoglym, and Lexol conditioner to bring that leather back to shape! Its really sad, as I want no headphone more than the Qualia. Perhaps my only chance is if Steve(ASR) would possibly consider a trade for his Qualia and my K1000(plus cash on my side of course), if he ever decides that that would be what he wanted to do. I know hes interested in the K1000 as a possible replacement for the Qualia.;)

How did you find a NOS pair? Congrats!

Thanks! I got this K1000 on Ebay. The seller claims that the headphones are unused and to me it seems the case. No blemishes, new looking temple pads, completely perfect cherry wood box. He says that he used to collect AKG microphones back in the day and was getting into Austrian engineering, so he got a K1000 as well. He said he has put them on top of his speakers on display for small periods of time, but never listened to them becuase he listened to his speakers. Its a higher serial number, so perhaps tipped in the treble. But to me the differences between different serial# K1000s is small IME. I've always liked the K1000, and its one of three dynamics I have interest in, the other two being the Qualia and R10. Who knows, maybe i'll like it more than the Qualia once I listen to it in a non meet environment for the first time.

Ehh, lets just say that the Qualia deal didn't go so well. The seller was not really truthful about the condition of the headphones, and I might not even be able to return them back to him. For the price I paid(over 4100usd through Kuboten), its not worth it for me(sacraficing alot of things money wise), so if I do receive them(in the event the seller won't take them back), I will try my best to recondition the earpads, and rid the headphones of any smoke smell.:( Time to use some Autoglym, and Lexol conditioner to bring that leather back to shape! Its really sad, as I want no headphone more than the Qualia. Perhaps my only chance is if Steve(ASR) would possibly consider a trade for his Qualia and my K1000(plus cash on my side of course), if he ever decides that that would be what he wanted to do. I know hes interested in the K1000 as a possible replacement for the Qualia.;)

Sorry to hear that man. They are pretty bomb proof (other than the head band) so I hope you can get them spic and span again.

I don't f around. You have to strike when the opportunity presents itself. It also helps to have a problem with buying and selling gear that probably requires an intervention.

I fully support the decision you made, the 12L's will treat you very well in the office.