Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Starting with the one in the wallet. However I'd be more than happy to help provide test projects for said mill. :D

Probably going to go look at this little guy in the next week or so.

n_maher-albums-random-stuff-picture2865-dsc_2053.jpg

Can't decide if a very well kitted CNC benchtop unit would be better than a much larger, manual mill. Honestly I'm leaning more towards the manual side of things since I want to be the one cutting the holes. :)

Probably going to go look at this little guy in the next week or so.

n_maher-albums-random-stuff-picture2865-dsc_2053.jpg

Can't decide if a very well kitted CNC benchtop unit would be better than a much larger, manual mill. Honestly I'm leaning more towards the manual side of things since I want to be the one cutting the holes. :)

Perhaps a manual mill that can eventually be converted/upgraded to CAD easily?

Perhaps a manual mill that can eventually be converted/upgraded to CAD easily?

I've found a local machinist within 10min. of my house that has both a vertical mill and CNC router so really my thinking is that a manual machine would be enough and that if I wanted anything that really needed CNC I'd just farm it out. Conversions, even the easy ones, are really expensive. I've also got a line on a full-sized, CNC equipped knee mill that I'm going to try and check out. The pisser with the little TAIG mill pictured above is that it's not really good for manual work anymore and I don't want to be tied to the computer for every part.