Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yeah they would probably replace the HK soundsticks hooked up to the Mac Pro. Can you send me the contact info for this guy?

Damn, this really is turning out to be a Quad week here.

If I had just a little bit more room on my desk...But I think the wife would kill me.

I hear ya. I'm tempted as hell, but with few upcoming house renovations/repairs, no fun fund for me here unless I sell things and I'm too lazy.

We have bamboo floors, so the WAF would be better, but I have the A2s and I'm not a huge fan. Quads or nothing!

Solution - contact the seller of the 12's (since he's a dealer) and tell him to hunt you down a pair of 11L's. Also, get off your ass and list one of the DAC's on Audiogon. ;)

As in no yard? I haven't read through the whole thing yet (I had it on loan from library until yesterday) but if I remember correctly, the book does talk about making smaller (1'x1' or 2'x2') boxes w/ bottom (and drainage holes) to use on decks/patios. I should have my copy tomorrow.

no yard, no deck or patio :( all my plants are potted.

Balcony?

I'll check to see if it talks about indoor/potted plants. I either skipped or didn't read carefully if the information didn't pertain to me so it's a real possibility the book talks about it and I just don't remember it.

very soon, this once I figured out how to get it home:

842967.jpg

Woodcraft is going to honor the 10% off Jet, Powermatic thingy they were having a while back.. which is strange, as it's not on their website, but looks like they'll be hooking me up.

This the next model up from the one Dr. Wood recommended, which gives a total of 12" native resaw capacity with no riser block, and a two speed drive system. From talking around, people recommended the two speed for metalworking. The speeds are 1500/3000 SFPM with a 105" blade. Also, has a blade guard that the lower model didn't as well as blade tracking window, which seems handy. Anyways, I'm really excited about getting my second star on my man card.. I heard the main requirement was a 250 lb tool for the second star...

... oh and a house.

842967.jpg

Woodcraft is going to honor the 10% off Jet, Powermatic thingy they were having a while back.. which is strange, as it's not on their website, but looks like they'll be hooking me up.

This the next model up from the one Dr. Wood recommended, which gives a total of 12" native resaw capacity with no riser block, and a two speed drive system. From talking around, people recommended the two speed for metalworking. The speeds are 1500/3000 SFPM with a 105" blade. Also, has a blade guard that the lower model didn't as well as blade tracking window, which seems handy. Anyways, I'm really excited about getting my second star on my man card.. I heard the main requirement was a 250 lb tool for the second star...

... oh and a house.

Congrats!

Due to modern technology decreasing the weight of tools and other expensive stuff the rule has been changed to a cost based formula.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/842967.jpg

Nice! I should be picking up something similar in the next week or so once I settle in on what exactly I need. I might go with a smaller, bench sized one since I'll primarily be cutting aluminum with it and won't need more than 6" or so. Although it's equally likely that mine will look like this:

41ZDSlbbOtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

... oh and a house.

Congrats again and best of luck with the move.

[edit]and since it just arrived, the last thing I bought was this:

513wMfLxPvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Edited by n_maher