Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Just left the eye doctor $750 poorer. Bought two pair of regular glasses, and one pair of prescription sunglasses. The frames were all under $150, but once you add in progressive lenses, anti-glare stuff, etc....... :(

The older I get, the less I like wearing contacts all day, and I never liked my other glasses. I have a hard time finding any glasses that fit, let alone look good, since I have fat cheeks and a weirdly small head. I got one everyday pair, one fun (purple) pair, and the first pair of sunglasses that I've owned in awhile that don't make me look like I auditioning for the role of a mutant insect in a sic-fi horror flick. I'm broke, but happy.

A new AMD quad core computer, a ide docking cable, a usb powered hub because the new computer only has five usb ports (or whatever they are called), and a case of very old wine. Somehow in my world all these purchases are related and make sense.

I have frameless glasses. They are very light but I don't think I will go that way next time. I ended up not wearing them much, not due them being frameless but because they were progressive. I could never get used to them. Problem is that I need reading glasses more than ever but I still will not get progressives. I wear contacts from time to time but don't like them much. My distance Rx isn't too bad but I am finding I need to wear something more and more, especially when it's dark. So it looks like I need a pair for distance that will take a clip on sun glasses and a pair of reading glasses. Fortunately I don't have fat cheeks or a weirdly small head so hopefully it won't be too hard for me to find something. Vicki, by the way, if you have fat cheeks and a weirdly small head, you hide it well. :)

Probably a typo, but if sic-fi isn't a genre, it should be. Either way you take sic [sic].

And older I get the less I can deal with contacts too. Glasses shopping this and next week.

Definitely a typo.

I have one pair of wireless I'm wearing now (don't really like), and tried on nearly every pair of wireless and half wireless in the store because that's what I thought I wanted. Very few fit my face at all (rested on my cheeks), and none of them looked good, which is strange because you'd think they'd just disappear, but they all looked wrong.

I highly suggest you guys look at frameless glasses. My silhouettes are great and they're so light, that you dont feel like you're wearing glasses.

I think I have this pair

Love my Silhouettes even though I only use mine when I take my contacts off a few times a week. My only gripe with them is that I went with smaller lenses to match my small face and I feel like it is really easy to let my eye wander out of the "glass zone" of my eyeglasses when I look to the sides. Good thing is that since they are frameless, I can simply pick out a new lens shape and reuse the same frame.

Nice! I've always wanted a few of those! How much did the pair run you shipped?
I want to say $25-ish. And as was mentioned by Mike, I got it at Total Wine. It might be a seasonal thing, because I've never seen them there before, and now there's plenty.

Crappy -- I have no idea, but they really went all out, did the research, and redesigned the glasses from the ground up -- do a search on it, it's interesting reading. Here is the one article I read.

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert (24/96)

Very nice, a great recording!

Nice, that's what I use as well (with red stitching).:cool: Good stepping stone shoes to real olympic weightlifting shoes. Decent powerlifting shoes in general. Just kind of frail.

I have tried the low top Chuck Taylor but I still prefer my Vibram Five Fingers for lifting and everything else in the gym.

Went by the liquor store to pick up some cocktail supplies. When I got home, I realized I bought the wrong bottle of Old Raj gin (got the 92 proof instead of the 110, oh well). I also forgot the Sofia Mini sparkling wine cans. :palm:

JzhHu.jpg

do special glasses really make a difference? i have no clue so asking. not trying to facetious. genuinely would like to know what oddly shaped glasses do for the alcohol.

While I don't have the new Sam Adams glasses, there definitely is a difference when using different glasses. I notice it more with whisk(e)y than beer, but it still has a noticeable effect with many beers.

icBerlins! are a nice balance between frames with presence and physical lightness. Plus they nicely implode when you fall asleep with them and roll over. Love mine. What I'm considering next week though is ridiculous.

Okay, I'm curious. What are you considering next week?