Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Would that be a true remastered 1080p/720p or just an upscale? I saw this but I read it's stereo and it might not be truehd...

I read that they did a new transfer for it, but I don't know what if anything was done with the audio.

If it's a new transfer, it's more likely than not 1080p.

But...you're not waiting for the Merkin release?

Nah, even if it was definitive that it will get a US release, I'd still get this one. I already have 6 different boxsets of the DVDs, remember? :P

Oh yes, I remember, I wouldn't dare to suggest otherwise. I'm kind of the same way about Ghost in the Shell, although I did skip the domestic release of Ghost in the Shell: Innocence because of the lack-of-dub travesty.

Except I don't have to get them when they come out -- I can wait a little bit until I found out if anything is drastically wrong, or there is definitively a better version (in the case of GitS:I -- the European version ended up being far superior, having a dub voiced by the same cast as GitS:SAC.

Nah, even if it was definitive that it will get a US release, I'd still get this one. I already have 6 different boxsets of the DVDs, remember? :P

Ah so you're a collector then, you'll probably get it either way then, I would however still wait, unless it's a limited edition boxset

Black Friday through Cyber Monday haul:

- 5x 2-CD sets from YourMusic.com ($1 off per disc)

- 1 DVD movie from ColumbiaHouse.com (45% off, free shipping)

- Smallville Seasons 6-8 at Best Buy ($10 each)

- 18 new music CDs from Spun.com (free shipping)

- Adobe Lightroom 3 (50% off), 1 Blu-Ray/DVD movie combo set (50% off), & 2 music CDs from Amazon.com

I decided that Elusive Disc/Music Direct are going to have to do better than a measly 10% off to get me to buy from them again. ;)

I tried really hard to find a good Cyber Monday deal on a home theater system for my basement TV.

Instead I just bought two six packs of beer.

I didn't get in on any BF CM "deals" either. First year in a while.

Instead I brought shame on my household by getting the "wrong" piece of Japanese steel, perhaps the "right" stone, a X-Mini 2, some resistors from PcX and a book on vintage cocktails and the domain hwhack.us.

Oh yes, I remember, I wouldn't dare to suggest otherwise. I'm kind of the same way about Ghost in the Shell, although I did skip the domestic release of Ghost in the Shell: Innocence because of the lack-of-dub travesty.

Except I don't have to get them when they come out -- I can wait a little bit until I found out if anything is drastically wrong, or there is definitively a better version (in the case of GitS:I -- the European version ended up being far superior, having a dub voiced by the same cast as GitS:SAC.

Ah so you're a collector then, you'll probably get it either way then, I would however still wait, unless it's a limited edition boxset

It is limited edition, comes in a nice box with an artbook of production sketches and a couple soundtracks (that every collector already has multiple copies of by now). I know I'll be able to find copies on yahoo japan auctions for years to come, but whether it'll cost more or less depends on just how many they make. I think I'll keep an eye on used copies for the next few months, as it'll probably be cheapest from anybody wanting/needing to offload their copy right away, then the used price will rise sharply once the stores are all sold out.

Agh, if this was just another DVD release I could easily ignore it for now, but a new transfer for Blu-Ray and the first pressing is limited edition? If it weren't for the fact that I literally do not have the money right now, I probably would've already ordered it.

I tried really hard to find a good Cyber Monday deal on a home theater system for my basement TV.

Instead I just bought two six packs of beer.

I tried to spend some money too, but just didn't find anything I really wanted. I think I'll use my Daber M3 speakers (having a 3rd one built) and build my own surround speakers. Eventually would like to go with Emotiva processor and amp too.

Good to see you back on!