Watches

Dusty Chalk

The watches are both pretty close in terms of accuracy. Automatics are always going to need to have the time adjusted every so often. It's not an issue for me as it's rare that I wear the same watch two days in a row so they tend to need adjustment when I put them on in the morning. I only have one watch winder. One day I will get one of those Orbita's like Jeff has.

Todays wrist shot:

3f434fbe.jpg

I received this watch in a trade a while back and forgot about it. If anyone wants it, $100 shipped conus. I have the box and paperwork:

a03746d2.jpg

I believe I remember reading that Red Line is made by Swiss Watch International, so you can look them up to see if you can find anything about the company. I'm not familiar with them.

But at $59 bucks, you probably can't go wrong if you just like the design of the watch. All the specs just seem standard with regular mineral crystal and quartz movement. If you like the design and the measurements work for you(lug width, case diameter, thickness, etc.) then once again, I can't see how it could be a bad purchase for you at that price.

BTW, what is your wrist size?

I'm not a watch guy, but I do own one, and I like it very much. It is from 1967 which I know because there is an inscription on the back where it was given to someone in 1967 for 25 years of employment. This adds value to me as it was clearly special to someone else, first. I think it was then purchased at an estate sale, and I received it from my brother in law as a wedding present.

post-1055-0-78212700-1310421156_thumb.jp

So I was supposed to sell a watch (O7 LM-3V2) and ended up trading it in a good deal for a Helson Skin Diver plus cash. This is another winner imo. Now I need to sell something since I am up to six. I'm thinking Doxa. Jeff, if you are interested, let me know.

aecf6cb4.jpg

Here's the last couple I've picked up since last year...

5659662206_e515217614_b.jpg

Nice watch!

I just ordered the silver version (SNZH55) and put down an order for one of the newest dials from Jake B on WUS. Mine will look like this in a couple of weeks:

fiftyfivefathoms.jpg

I will also pick up a Brady Straps sailcloth in black to match this version of the Blancpain:

blancpains.jpg

Cannot wait.