Watches

Dusty Chalk

I thought the same thing about the LM-7 but I wear it more than I thought I would. I usually use it when we go kayaking or hanging out on weekends. I just picked up a bracelet for it and where it to the office as well. The are on a closeout now for $799 from $1099 and the bracelet is $99. I am tempted to by a black dial LM-7 to go with my blue dial. Once these are gone, they will not be made again. Of course, you could always get the Omega now being sold again.

That Ocean7 is badass.

I think my 6.5 inch wrist would be better suited for the Blackwater than the LM-7 unfortunately. $799 is a good deal for a watch of that quality. 1000 meter WR! I would never be able to test that, but good to know it can do it. grin.gif

Edited by Mark527

• 1 month later...

Oh I wanna know and I always ask.

If I could afford it is another thing.

At this point in time I dont think anyone knows.

Couldnt find anything published...

At a production rate of five pieces per year, I'm sure it will be in the multi $100K range.

Edited by livewire

• 6 months later...

Anyone here on the WUS sale forums a lot? I have been lurking there in the hopes of finding a Stowa pilot (preferably an Ikarus, but I am not picky), but they sell so fast. If the wait time wasn't August I'd just buy one new.

If anyone sees one please PM me here, I get email updates on my phone and I can quickly hop on the forum then.

Also why the bloody hell is it so hard to find out when the next New York tax free weekend is? Grrr another watch I want and NYC has the only dealer in the US.

Anyone here on the WUS sale forums a lot? I have been lurking there in the hopes of finding a Stowa pilot (preferably an Ikarus, but I am not picky), but they sell so fast. If the wait time wasn't August I'd just buy one new.

If anyone sees one please PM me here, I get email updates on my phone and I can quickly hop on the forum then.

Also why the bloody hell is it so hard to find out when the next New York tax free weekend is? Grrr another watch I want and NYC has the only dealer in the US.

I poke around there quite a bit. I'll definitely ping you if I see one.

Might be worth it to do a WTB...

Edited by archosman

Pretty sure that you have also considered Nomos? Have seen both the Stowa and Nomos together and the Nomos is a beaut (have not checked out if Nomos has an Ikarus equivalent, however).

I have thanks Cee Tee, I appreciate that they have their own in house movement, but I've read more about the Revue Thommen and its accuracy/reliability at this point.

Hang on. Watches are jewelry. What does accuracy or reliability have to do with jewelry? You have a cell phone that takes care of those. evil.gif

According to Neil deGrasse Tyson, Android's clock is 15 second behind due to getting time from a satellite that was put in orbit in 1984, I believe. There have been 15 leap seconds added by the UTC since then that Android does not account for (currently). iOS has seemingly noticed the bug (found in 2009) and adjusted for it.

So... over half the people with phones DON'T have the accurate time (including myself)... so watches still matter.

Science.

**BRENT**

• Like 1

• 1 month later...