Watches

Dusty Chalk

The Omega Speedmaster Date Automatic 3513.30 has arrived and my local watchmaker briefly checked it out today.

The lume looks good, and the watch is free of gouges and damage.  The 1152 movement looks well oiled and the watch is well sealed, but it's running -15 sec/day on the timer (flat on back).  It was advertised as -21/sec, so not a big surprise.  

It came without a Omega box or papers or extra links for anything bigger than a 7.25" wrist, but I had negotiated $600 off the sale price to cover a service, and got it for about the price of a 1998 Seamaster quartz - but this looks new.  The serial number is in the 56 million range (56,300,XXX), so safely in the 1998 year range. They had two others just like this one with a 54 and 58 million serial.

The -15 sec/day timing is larger than the fine Etachron adjuster allows, while using the macro adjuster means going back and forth beween messing with the watch and timer until it's just right.  Rather than leave it a few days for him to get to it, I opted not to anything until I was ready to do a full service later, which will be about 2 months before I give it to Ben.  

Strangely, I actually took photos of this very same model on my arm in May 2014, side by side with the ceramic Seamaster Pro chronograph, and my decision was down to one of the two when Ben talked me into the ceramic Seamaster Pro chronograph.  

So, now I'm worried that Ben will still choose a Seamaster Pro chronograph over this one.  However, he doesn't have a dress watch to fit under a shirt cuff, nor a birth year watch, so I think this is the ticket for him. I had to loan him the SMP mid-size for prom last weekend because his divers didn't fit under his shirt cuff.

I've attached a lume shot in partial light, a light shot, and the one from last year with the actual Seamaster that I bought last May.

post-905-0-98676200-1430537715_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-09380500-1430537791_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-21912800-1430537830_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-06764500-1430537851_thumb.jpg

Anyone interested in my Hamilton Jazzmaster H32616133?  The case and bracelet were recently polished, and all gaskets have been replaced.  It keeps good time, though it will need a service in a couple years.  There is some oxidation on the dial, but overall the watch looks very good.  I didn't notice the oxidation until it was pointed out to me.  You can see it on the silver of some of the sub-dials.  The crystal is excellent.  I have the bracelet, with all the links, and a nice vegetable tanned vintage style leather strap.  The strap is quite long, as I have large wrists.    It's an excellent watch, I just don't wear it that much, and I need to make room for the Tudor and the Seamaster Pro.  I was thinking $500 shipped, CONUS.    Click the picture to embiggen.

lk8cKchl.jpg

You should have no problem selling that.

Can I also post an Omega for sale in this thread?  Is that allowed?

Had an impulse non-watch, but watch-related purchase at the watch store while ordering a new Breitling bracelet.

Bought it for the desk to store my cocaine, etc. in the new office. Solid bronze.

53325566f5bba3e8f7f39c610c462b52.jpg2ade9a1125eac489e09dc48945667a6e.jpg

• Like 1

Probably as close as I get to a Daytona for a long, long time.  It's kinda funny to see a different numeral typeface under the Cyclops.  The details of the Tudor are definitely different from Rolex.  It's a very nice watch.  Seems to be keeping good time so far.  The condition is quite nice.  If I weren't going to have the gaskets replaced anyway, I'd just wear it as is, but since I always get gaskets replaced on older used watches, I might as well have a light polishing done.

C9wof4Ul.jpg

I like the Ball a lot.  However, the bracelet is very heavy, and I'm at the farthest extension, with all the links put in.  I think I like it better on Milanese mesh, anyway.

m790wzQl.jpg

2wVy21kl.jpg

I prefer the Tudor by a big margin.  Nice score.

What Omega?  

The Seamaster Pro 2252.50 midsize, an 80 million serial number'd model from the early 2000's that just came back from service at Omega last October, so still under warranty until next year.  

It received a COA, new hands, new He valve, new crown, and a few little tiny parts and gaskets (and they returned the originals  with it).  The photo was before service, on my 7.25" wrist.

post-905-0-02277000-1430970866_thumb.jpg

Don't think anyone here is really interested but I am putting the Superocean Heritage up for sale.  Could make a nice deal for those that approve of the larger watch.

The watch thread hit 100 pages.

i-W7LBvLf-X2.jpg

Poor quality wrist shot.  The lugs are pretty long on this large watch so it may not be comfortable for all wrists.

i-R3Bwtgv-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI

Don't think anyone here is really interested but I am putting the Superocean Heritage up for sale.  Could make a nice deal for those that approve of the larger watch.

The watch thread hit 100 pages.

i-W7LBvLf-X2.jpg

Poor quality wrist shot.  The lugs are pretty long on this large watch so it may not be comfortable for all wrists.

i-R3Bwtgv-X2.jpg

It's got Jacob's name written all over it (huge wrist man).