Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

My windshield washers froze up twice. Put better fluid in.

Furnace control board blew a fuse (probably from the repair tech yesterday not putting something away right) and my wife was stuck at home freezing. I thankfully got it fixed.

Ordered a new 410a outdoor unit to replace our old R22 unit that shat the bed for the last time.

Freak "snow storm" (which is 1-1.5" around here), and the roads are horrible, I'm out of work a second day, kids are off school today, most of yesterday, and just got word about tomorrow. Moving into a new house that's at the bottom of a hill. We also didn't get to go grocery shopping before the storm hit. It took me almost 2 hours to get 5 miles, and I'm one of the lucky ones. 136 wrecks in the city alone yesterday.

Fuckin' snow.

**BRENT**

Atlanta is a ghost town today. We had to drive around forever last night to find a restaurant that was actually open. Roads were not slick but everyone still managed to crash into each other. Little bit more slick this morning but no one was not he road so nothing difficult to get to the client from the hotel. Hoping we can find someplace open for lunch.

Atlanta is a ghost town today. We had to drive around forever last night to find a restaurant that was actually open. Roads were not slick but everyone still managed to crash into each other. Little bit more slick this morning but no one was not he road so nothing difficult to get to the client from the hotel. Hoping we can find someplace open for lunch.

...'cause they all wrecked.  The places that are open are the places that are walking distance for the staff.

On the bright side, liquor stores are open.

**BRENT**

I was in Halifax 10 years ago when a huge blizzard hit.  3.5 feet of snow in 24 hours, with 65 mph sustained winds.  After it was done, the skies turned blue and sunny, and there were 8-foot snowdrifts everywhere.  The whole city was shut down, except for the bars, which were absolutely hopping due to the fact that everyone who didn't work there had the day off.  It was an amazing time to be a backpacking tourist.  Would have been horrible if I'd had a car.

Edited by acidbasement
  • Like 1

So I made it out of the neighborhood finally. I got groceries, pizza, took some take out to a buddy who was snowed in without a car, and then made the journey home to risk the hill. It was still covered with snow over patches of ice... But I gave it a shot anyways. Kept sliding towards the ditch, then threw it in reverse and kept a controlled slide down the hill til it got to where I could throw it in neutral and slide a little better. Kept the momentum into the driveway. Did the victory shuffle (first time I had been parked at home in 36 hours).

Less than ten minutes later, the salt truck comes by my house. :palm:

Oh well, got a little practice in. Now I'm going to attempt to go to work. I've been there for 80 minutes since last week.

The South during a cold snap reminds me of the Northerners during a heat wave, with no A/C. Just not prepared at all.

**BRENT**

You might want to keep a couple of bags of playground sand (from Home Depot) or kitty litter in your trunk.  The weight will help with traction and the contents will help if you find yourself stuck far away from biscuits or a liquor store.

• Like 1

You might want to keep a couple of bags of playground sand (from Home Depot) or kitty litter in your trunk.  The weight will help with traction and the contents will help if you find yourself stuck far away from biscuits or a liquor store.

Yesterday I got stuck in the driveway with one of the driving wheels hung up a couple of inches above the ground packed snow.  I wedged a few pieces of lumber underneath the wheel, and was out in a jiffy.

We never travel without a shovel and warm blanket in the trunk these days.

So I made it out of the neighborhood finally. I got groceries, pizza, took some take out to a buddy who was snowed in without a car, and then made the journey home to risk the hill. It was still covered with snow over patches of ice... But I gave it a shot anyways. Kept sliding towards the ditch, then threw it in reverse and kept a controlled slide down the hill til it got to where I could throw it in neutral and slide a little better. Kept the momentum into the driveway. Did the victory shuffle (first time I had been parked at home in 36 hours).

Dude, it sounds like the only reason you got away with it was because ( a ) luck, and ( b ) because there was no-one else around.  BE CAREFUL.  My sister gave me some great advice once -- go to an empty parking lot and practice going into skids in the stuff.  Start off slowly, you don't want to fuck up your alignment.  Learn how to steer in a skid.