Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

It's so cold and windy that the roads were clear on the way home. Funny how the fact that salt has been rendered useless makes it currently safer to drive. FYI it was colder at 3pm (5F) than it was at 7am (7F) - not a good sign. I'll mount the gopro on the tractor tomorrow for the fun that wil be clearing the drive way with windchills in the -20s.

Ok, a high of -9 seems pretty miserable.  I assume you mean fahrenheit.  Our low is predicted for 27 on Monday which is not horrible just annoying.  I hope it doesn't get too much lower than than since when it gets close to 20 here, pipes start bursting (we really aren't set up for cold weather here including non-insulated pipes in our crawlspace).  

^ I remember the first December when I lived in Dallas. It got down to 5F for a day or so. The little furnace thingie in our apartment ran nonstop and only kept the apartment in the mid-50s. $300 heating bill that month. Sweet.

According to the weather channel hourly forecast for Monday, it is supposed to be -19F when I go to work and -16F at noon. Nice. Add a 20+mph NNW wind. I might actually break out the parka :)

Reks: for normal non-accessorized shoes/boots, I've always loved these Ecco Track II boots on slick surfaces; they grip the best of anything I have worn. Some sort of polyurethane sole. Never tried the Yaktrax or others and am sure they work well.

6751-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg